Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
i hunted blackwater all my young life, from 8-20 years old. we only ran dogs, i was always the youngster of the group so i was the designated dog driver. one day when i was about 15 years old i was driving the biggest nastiest section north of hwy 4 - i mean tear the clothes off ya' nasty!!! i know i had gone 1 1/2 - 2 miles in on the river swamp. i found 2pair of PANTIES! one was red satin and one had a flower pattern. i will remember that day as if it was yesterday. i also remember wanting to run that section every saturday, i guess hoping i would see some hot action 2 miles deep in the woods.

i think of it every time i see one of those shirts with the deer hunting the guy using the topless decoy!

·
Registered
782 Posts
TeamDilligaf (12/26/2007)My granpa and brother have both seen this almost human like half hunched over hairy animal with long arms walk across one of our plots right at dark and when they went over to see what kind of tracks there were (never saw any) the smell that still lingered was awfull. Indian legends and some modern day folklore have stories about the "Skunk Ape" florida's version of bigfoot. my granpa used to hunt bears in fla so he knows what a bear looks like and he swears it was defintely not a bear. any people got any skunk ape stories?
that $h!t is for real.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found an 8" thick 2 foot wide by 10 foot long piece of granite that weighed hundred of pounds. It was miles from the nearest road. It wasn't a grave marker, but it looked like someone had chisled it out to make a bench.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I suppose the strangest thing I have ever found, but not exactly found was an area surrounded by fishhooks hanging at eye level. Not sure why they were there, I asked my brother and he informed me that I had stumbled across someones weed patch. Never went back to that area, didnt want to find someone hunting the hunters.:blownaway That was way up next to the Missouri border near Evening Shade. A little scary to say the least.

·
Registered
58 Posts
In the Escambia River Swamp, south of Quintette, there are several full sized school buses on top of posts. I am sure they were put there by hunters as part of a hunting camp, but it is still weird to see and how they managed it is pretty weird in itself.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Ithaca37 (12/31/2007)In the Escambia River Swamp, south of Quintette, there are several full sized school buses on top of posts. I am sure they were put there by hunters as part of a hunting camp, but it is still weird to see and how they managed it is pretty weird in itself.
I've seen them. Was wondering the same thing, How the hell did they get them out there and set up like that.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Lived between Green Cove Springs & Orange Park Florida . Found an Old Indian Burial Ground

found all kinds of things plus a skull brought it home and thought my mother was going to die right in front of me. Also would walk around the St. Johns River where I lived and find arrow heads there would be so many of them I would pick themup look at them and throw them back in the river. Sure wish I had all of them now what a collection it would have been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TeamDilligaf (12/26/2007)not sayin i 100% believe in these legends but theres still some stuff out in the woods that'll will still make you wonder what in the hell was that!!!! And i dont care how tough or badass some people think they are when it gets dark out there everybody starts to have their minds mess with em and have had the shit scared out of you

Team Dilligaf u need to stop watching Fox News and get outside and live life, let me know when your balls drop

·
Registered
687 Posts
Saw a black panther about 3 ft long with a 3ft long tail, driving around at night in Ms. south of Vicksburg. Pretty cool. Saw a wolf in Madsion Ms. That was strange.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts