Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boat was serviced 2 weeks ago. New fuel filters, etc.

So we fished Friday about 9 hours. Ran in no issues.
Boat was slipped until we took her up a bayou Sunday to hang out and be socially distant.

Cranked up after a couple of hours, exited the bayou. Port engine stalled. No error codes.
Checked the bulb and port one is flat. Pump her up and idle out some more. Died again.
Repump and check filter for tightness. All seems tight.

Loosen the fuel cap, not vapor locked.

Repump and power up to planing speed. Died again.

Changed the filters next day and ran for 20 minutes, no issues?
Checked the fuel, no water in the tank.

Bad filter maybe? Anything else to check?

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Do you have separate pick ups for each motor? Was the bulb flat every time? If so, it's in your pick up tube or the lines leading to it. If or when it happens again, take the input side of the the bulb off and blow back to the take to see if you can feel a block.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Flat as in flat or no fuel in the bulb? If flat it wouldn't be an air leak but a plug some where prior to the bulb I would think. Had that happen to my proline one time and found the plug right at the goose neck coming out of the tank.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sucked flat. Weird that changing the filter seems to have fixed it. Maybe it was plugged in the filter junction?
I have separate tanks, everything is separate. But, I have switches so I can switch tanks or run off a single tank if need be. In fact, I switched the tanks and the problem moved, so I knew is was before the switch, with is right after the filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts