1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Lake

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fisherman

Water Vertebrate Boat Fisherman Fish

I fished both days this weekend.
Saturday: tough bite, my guess is my area is getting more pressure than normal. I ended Saturday morning w/ 3 trout & 2 reds.

Sunday: yes, I fished Sunday morning in the rain. Can’t figure out why I didn’t see anyone else out on the water, lol.

I actually had a blast, dry from head to toe & a big jug of hot coffee. I sat in one spot and caught probably close to a dozen trout.
Let me explain Sunday mornings conditions a little better, we had a south southwest wind with a falling tide, that meant any of the bayous emptying west were pushed back up stream when the wind changed to the south east that wind was pulling the water out of those bayous into the bay creating a very fast flowing current where I was.

when the tide went slack, bite turned off. Here’s a couple pictures for you.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Getting it done, @barefoot. Thanks for the report. I'm going to try later in the week after this next gale blows through. But I'll be using the Yammer Hammer paddle. ;)

· Registered
3,520 Posts
Thanks for the report, Bruce! I wondered which hearty souls would be out yesterday morning. I was home with family stuff this weekend, but I hope to get back out there soon.

· Registered
3,520 Posts
I actually had a blast, dry from head to toe & a big jug of hot coffee.
What foul weather gear do you use? I like my Grundens bibs but the jacket is too heavy and doesn't breathe well enough for my preference. Curious whatchya sporting out there?

· Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What foul weather gear do you use? I like my Grundens bibs but the jacket is too heavy and doesn't breathe well enough for my preference. Curious whatchya sporting out there?
I use frog togg rain gear. Don’t sweat too much in them.
Bruce you are a machine. Sometimes takes me forever to get on them and many times I don’t get on them at all.
Thank you, to be honest I’ve spent the last 10 yrs in the black water / yellow river marshes trying to figure out how to catch those big trout I see. I’ve seen and lost some huge fish. Yet, despite all my time on water… I still get skunked once in a while, not often but it happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts