Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit Weedy Lake again. Was a toss up. Jug the river for cats or go to the proven spot? To the lake we go.

Started slow on the frog. Only had one swing and a miss. Had a bit of wind so I eased the anchor over the side near a point. It was pretty deep!

Sooo.... I tossed a crappie jig towards the bank. Popped the cork twice and crappie! Stayed there and caught 8 eaters pretty quick. Then saw some bass hitting, so back to the frog. Had a weird hit and... another crappie. On the frog!

Still getting no bass love on the Booya. But had a swirl or two. Tossed a 10" Culprit worm and bingo! (Thanks for the hint Boddup!) Caught 3 nice bass pretty quick.

Started swimming the worm near the surface, making a wake. Game on! The bass jumped all over it. I guess it looked like a water snake. Lost count of the hookups, and my landing percentage was way better than with the frog. Now both thumbs look like they've been gnawed on. Which I guess they have.

I gotta get more 10" Culprits, only have 1 left. The only fuel I burned was in the truck driving to the lake. Good times!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,522 Posts
When using a worm, Zoom trick worm in June Bug!!! I have all kinds of colors but June Bug is my all around catch em anytime color!!!

Looks like you had a heck of a day!!!

Reactions: Bodupp

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Great trip. I love the simplicity of it.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts