Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave daybreak marina at 6:30 AM.. four men crew with an arsenal of rods with a live well stocked full of shrimp and bull minnows..

First stop a few pitches against the northen seawall at NAS.. nothing but small gags..

second stop.. hit the infamous pipe, nothing marking up.. give a few casts.. nothing..

third stop.. a few pitches of live shrimp around pickens bridge.. lots of blues, boated a good 20" and decided to head on.. Kept the one blue because my oriental friends Mom will eat everything!!! =)

Moved along decided to hook up on a bonito for fun.. took a picture.. moved along!

moving along.. Decided to look for the bull reds for about 20 minutes trolling s25's and did a few passes around the jetties on west bank of pass and south bank of pickens.. Nothing..

ok.. we need to find the slot reds..

about 9:30 we move to my first spot in the ICW west of the pass..

-boy was that a good call..

This spot alone we caught 4 redfish (2 18" slot), a nice pompano, a 16" flounder, 2 white trout, one 13" spanish, and one mangrove snapper..

Bite slowed down decided to go deeper for more mangrove snapper.. Managed to get two more legal ones at 3 mile bridge rubble..

Cleaned boat by 1 pm and had a blast!

I was glad I was able to find the fish.. One of my friends brother was from Arizona and has never had a day quite like this! That made me feel really good.

Derek

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice catch,great to see their is still a good variety offish still out there, especially after the red tide. Thanks for the report andpictures. :clap Mark

·
Registered
174 Posts
Some look and exclaim "What a beautiful mixed bag of fish!!" and then there are those of us that look and imagine, "Damn, think of all the culinary possibilities!!!" No matter how you look at it, that is a beautiful and bountiful harvest. How fitting it occurred at Thanksgiving. Congratulations, and a question, where did you get the bonito? And were they on the surface? Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the bonito were all over the surface in and out of the pass.. feeding and thrashing the surface caught on a white grub..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts