Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my better half rolled me out of bed again at 5am and was itching to go fishing, so I said ok if I have to. Loaded up and headed out, was a nice cool NW wind on the way to the pass, didn't see much of any bait at the pass area, probable due to a late incoming tide 10:30am was high tide. We headed to the Mass and low-n-be hold there was fields of of bait, so I got the net out and was gonna give it a try, well I felt them bumping the net like crazy and flash's so I was happy till I pulled it up and it was full of crazy fish. I just got out the sabiki and started getting um that way. Once we got about 40+ big LY's we headed out to some state water public reefs. First fish was my biggest Snap to date 27½ with some old gear still attached to him. At the end of the day we got our limit of snapper, stray King and my better half got another AJ, even saw ole FIN next to the boat. We threw the king and the AJ back. The cooler was full and we were heading home. All in all it was a great day.

State waters - All public reefs
Water Depth - 45' to 55'
Water Temp - 85
Bait - Live LY's

·
Premium Member
9,854 Posts
Good job buddy. Love the dolphin.

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Outstanding! Did you say you caught LYs on a sabiki?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
That snap with all the hooks in its face must have been kin to somebody I know... couldn't keep her mouth shut.

Good trip. Sounds like big fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts