Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Pensacola Live Bait Boat
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the report from Swellinfo.com below.. its suppose to be pretty nice and calm all day.. I was looking to run out to 3 barges then hit a few other spots that are around it.. If anyone wants to go.. just let me know.. Ill be in the ole orange tank..:thumbup:

SURF
Minimal (ankle high or less) surf.
CONDITIONS

Semi glassy in the morning with W winds 5-10mph. Sideshore texture/chop conditions for the afternoon with the winds shifting to the WSW.
TIDES
Low: 7:47 PM 0.36 ft N/A ft
High: 8:32 AM ft N/A ft
WIND SWELL
6am W 7mph W 0.5 ft @ 3 sec
9am WSW 5mph WSW 1.0 ft @ 4 sec
12pm WSW 7mph SW 1.3 ft @ 4 sec
3pm WSW 9mph SW 1.3 ft @ 4 sec
6pm W 8mph WSW 1.6 ft @ 3 sec

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just replied on the other thread but I am down. Will be my first trip offshore. Where do we meet? Sorry, I am a newb but pretty sure I can hold my own if someone gives me a pointer or two :)

·
Pensacola Live Bait Boat
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can meet up at gulf breeze bait and tackle. Then we can head out from there.. say around 5:30am

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sounds good. I'll find it. Right over the bridge and on the right, correct? Do weill up bait there? I Pan on using artificials and ay be bring some frozen cigs if that will work. Just wanna fish for something edible so bait pointers would be great.

·
Pensacola Live Bait Boat
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes its right before the Pcola beach bridge by the waffle house on the right.. there ill pick up a box of cigs.. I like cut the cigs on smaller hooks and catch a ruby to send back.down live for a fun adventure.. lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sounds great. I have some frozen cigs from wallyworld in the freezer I will bring. Another other bait? I mostly have artificial stuff. Pretty pumped about this.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Weekend looks like shit for offshore as far as swells. You should come out tomorrow morn with us Mike! I need a Sea Daddy or two :) to make sure I don't drown trying to chase some fish...

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you are wanting to catch snapper, natural baits are the way to go. Jigs can work as well but I would bring some frozen stuff but only in case you cant get live bait because in an area hit as hard as the three barges youll want the best bait possible.
Well, my last name is Trout. If I hang my arm overboard and peddle like hell, think I could stir up some good ones? Hell, I just wanna catch a fish! Not trying to be picky as since getting back into fishing 3 weeks ago my only catch has been a pin fish and a small sock :rolleyes: My latest book "Fishing for Dummies" doesn't seem to be working...

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Its doing good a lot smoother then the first surgery. Made tons of progress after not having to wear the brace locked out . Ready to fish!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I work, today i ordered a bunch of people around, yelled at a few for no reason, walked around and threw out the knife hand a couple times, checked the forum a whole bunch....you know, work!!! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts