Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got laid off after 22 years. In my profession. I have decided to open my own shop. I need someone to delegate the construction of the desired email address and minimal website. Who does this? How do you do this. I need to concentrate on the Assignments. And producing cash flow.

Thanks
BT

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
What is your profession?

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
Oh man. I’m sorry to hear that, Tom, but I’m also excited for the possibilities. Call me tomorrow and I’ll give you a name.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,721 Posts
Start with Facebook...hell of a lot cheaper than buying a domain and paying for design, hosting, etc.
I believe he is in Insurance adjusting, could be wrong though. Not sure how productive Facebook would be for his profession. I'm in Real Estate and my website drives me more business than FB. I've spent about $500 on FB ads this year and nothing to show for it. On the other hand, my website costs me $30/ month or so and I see leads coming in monthly.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I used Wix to build mine, super easy. I host with bluehost and my domain email, etc I use Gsuite(Gmail for business).

You can do the Gsuite, hosting and site creation all thru Wix pretty easily, I just didn't start out that way so mines a little more convoluted.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I am an insurance adjuster, no Facebook won’t work, the website doesn’t have to be big and flashy. Just very simple. The email address is the most important, other than gmail or Yahoo! The email must have company name in it.

I will delegate the godaddy task to Ashley

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,577 Posts
Yes, I am an insurance adjuster, no Facebook won’t work, the website doesn’t have to be big and flashy. Just very simple. The email address is the most important, other than gmail or Yahoo! The email must have company name in it.

Smart, get your own domain, I hate it when professional people give me a gmail account, I will never send personal info for business to a gmail or yahoo account.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Just register a domain and use google for business (GSuite). Cheap and have google drive, calendar, etc.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Gsuite (ie Gmail for business) has your own domain in the .com and you get all of the other perks of google as wolf mentioned above. It's not a gmail.com email...just clarifying that.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Gsuite (ie Gmail for business) has your own domain in the .com and you get all of the other perks of google as wolf mentioned above. It's not a gmail.com email...just clarifying that.
^^^
This, thanks for clarifying. I forgot to mention that.

You would be surprised how many professional groups use Gsuite for business.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Use gsuite for your email/calendar etc on your own domain as others mentioned. Another site builder to consider is squarespace. They make it easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went the Go Daddy way, got it set up.
Thanks for all inputs.

Now it looks great.
Waiting on my LLC to then get my Tax Id, then on to billing customers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts