Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Man Fish may be present as well. Still watching the weather! You never can tell this time of year! You guys planning on going Sat and coming back Sun?

Bob

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Realtor (11/24/2009)We like to leave day 1 aroung 10-11AM and return the following day in the afternoon. Going that far, we like to get the most out of the trip concerning the cost of fuel.....
We are going to go a little later and of course come back earlier because we will be full of fish!!!! :poke or is it full of sh...

I want to be pulled out of the water by 1200 Sun. How much gas do you bring and use Jim?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
This may be the week end for it. If the weather is true. We will see or hear you out there. But I can tell you this . As for this day tuesday the 25th. The weatherman blew it. We tried to get out again today and at 10 miles out it was a good 4 foot and building. We made it out 28 miles and made the decision to stop an anchor to see what the winds were going to do. While let's just say they went to about 20 knots from the ENE. Not a good day at all. What a ride back to O.B. Just some thing to think about this time of year. But, with that said we will still go. What's 6 footer,chilly or cold and 80 miles. Just another day on the GOM. Gene

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Run Dover (11/24/2009)
Realtor (11/24/2009)We like to leave day 1 aroung 10-11AM and return the following day in the afternoon. Going that far, we like to get the most out of the trip concerning the cost of fuel.....
We are going to go a little later and of course come back earlier because we will be full of fish!!!! :poke or is it full of sh...

I want to be pulled out of the water by 1200 Sun. How much gas do you bring and use Jim?

The most gas we ever used on a trip to the rigs was 103 gallons. I have a 150 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I hope everything works out to go! Reefcast & Wavecast both got it right onwhere we went today (25 miles SW max).Winds were NE around10 knots, withwashing machine 1-2s from surface to crest, some 3s thrown in. It sure wasn't flatcalm but it wasnt horrible. Now the ride back, closer in, of coursewas flat thisevening.=)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yep!Reefcast isDave's baby & I swear by it! :)

I think some people forget to take in ALL the VARIABLEStoforecasts and rely on a single tool, site,or specific number too much.There's more out there to go by than just a written wind speed, direction, and sea height. Reefcasts predictions are based on 2/3 of the seas at mean wave height.That means when Reefcast says the seas are X, then X will be 2/3 of the seas from mean wave height to crest. 1/3 of the waves will be higher than forecasted- &that the forecast is from the mean level of the ocean to the crest, NOT crest to trough.

We ourselves need to think &fill inother gaps sometimes too. =) ANYWAY, sorry for the ramble! I'm hoping to get back out this weekend too with some other PFFer friends, we'll see, fingers crossed!! =D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not looking as good from NOAA today...

Friday Night...North winds around 10 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday...Northeast winds around 10 knots becoming south around 10 knots after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Isolated showers.

Sunday...Southeast winds around 10 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots. Seas 1 to 3 feet building to 5 to 7 feet. Scattered thunderstorms and isolated showers.

·
eating tasty
3,660 Posts
Jim, I really want to take my dad this weekend and I don't think he's up for a 90 mile +run and I don't want to wear him out...I think he and I might try and do the edge/nipple thing early Saturday and see what we can find. Good luck to ya'll and look forward to joining you for the big trip next weather window.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts