Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard the pass and gulf was sporty today. Weather called for it to be decent. Did anybody get out?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not today but it was 100% wrong yesterday. It was glassy flat and foggy for a good portion of the day while we were out. "Tides for fishing" had said 2.3' - 1.6' in the afternoon. We have gotten into the habit of checking all of the web cams before we try to leave in the mornings just as another way to judge before the ride out.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Not today but it was 100% wrong yesterday. It was glassy flat and foggy for a good portion of the day while we were out. "Tides for fishing" had said 2.3' - 1.6' in the afternoon. We have gotten into the habit of checking all of the web cams before we try to leave in the mornings just as another way to judge before the ride out.

I thought I was the only one who checked those web cams. LOL :thumbup:

Scott

·
Registered
577 Posts
Buoy 42012 called for around 2' and it was around 2'. They have live photos. You can see the waves before you go.

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42012

* 2.3' is rough for most small boaters and would be considered 3-4 with 5's mixed in by many. I am a pretty seasoned fisherman and I don't go out fun fishing in my 20' CC if the buoy reads over 1.6' unless the period is +5-6 seconds.

Yesterday was 1.3 at 6 seconds. Today 2.0 at 4 seconds. That's night and day.

·
Registered
566 Posts
We ran to the edge out of Destin yesterday. It was pretty sporty heading out but we decided to troll and try for some blackfin and bonita. Caught quite a few bonita but no blackfin. Got to the edge and it seemed to calm down as the day went on. We caught some nice mingos, one went 3.1 pounds, a bunch of juvenile AJ's and got sharked quite a bit. Ride in was nice. We bled the bonitas and are going to try canning them. Anyone here done that?

·
Registered
404 Posts
My late dad was a weatherman.
And when I got wet and tossed around this past Monday, 23rd, I figured he was just pissed he wasn't fishing with me. Instead of 5-10 knots it was 18 gusting to 24, and the fishing sucked too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts