Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on trying to go trolling this weekend pretty far out in my kayak. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help with a weather report. I also think it would be a great idea to have a thread dedicated to whats the weekend weather going to be like for us guys trying to chatch some fish and still play it safe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Not a bad idea!

The surf forecast so far is ok. However Im seeing 15-20 mile an hour winds out of the ENE switching to the ESE.

Winds that strong from any direction can make it sloppy, however an east wind makes its REALLY nasty out there. I will generally fish in a south or west wind up to 15mph but if the forecast is a sustained 10 plus out of the east Im not going out.

NOAA is saying 2-4ft seas. Combine that with the wind, to me its not an ideal day.

The wind is suppose to lay down a bit through out the day, blowing hardest in the morning so an afternoon/evening trip may be possible however.

Monday looks nice.

We are still 48hrs out and lets face it, weather forecasts are anything but 100%.

Is the forecast for Sunday extremely dangerous? Probably not, however the Gulf will be very choppy and even a little two foot white cap can dump a yak if it hits you right and you are not ready for it.

The reason why I wouldnt fish too is because, well, its just not fun fishing in those conditions!

My advise, stay out of the Gulf.

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm it sounds like ill keep a very close eye on the wind. If its windy ill just stay inshore and hunt for those "big trout" that ive been hunting. I hope it lays down I have been dying to do some more trolling.

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about a last minute report for the am. We will be launching at 6am. Our big concern will be wind.

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok im here at 5:20 am and the wind is pretty sporty and there is a small wave breaking on the beach. Probably about a knee high or one foot wave breaking right on the shore. Still Havnt decided weather or not to go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts