Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have tried Tides4fishing , NOAA.gav, Windfinder all to no avail.All said yesterday(6/26) was supposed to be calm Day.
Left 9 am -was hardly smooth more like 3~4 s . Fish bay/sound and Ft Pickens Pass and in Gulf out to wrecks. Is there a wind direction such as Southwest, East, etc that usually means water in Gulf is relatively flat and wind directions that probably are going to be very heavy wave action. Understand that location (bay or gulf )will be different . Tried using Santa Rosa Beach cameras (East/West/South) to get visual of what surf/waves look like. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
574 Posts
I pay for reefcast from Saltwater central. It is the closest to right that I have found. A couple of weeks ago they were wrong two days out of five but thats the worst off they have been. I fished out of Destin yesterday and ran to the spur. Waves were as predicted, about 1 1/2 ft at 5 sec. They laid down as the day went on, again as predicted. Reefcast is 25 bucks a year so it is very affordable. You need to experience different conditions in your boat and maybe make notes so you know what is and isn't comfortable for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info.Will try Reefcast. Always appreciate the knowledge of fisherman found on this site
Tiderider @

1 - 4 of 4 Posts