Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_25015.shtml

A Milton man has a tale to tell over his huge catch.

Paul Mitchem caught this 62 pound catfish while he was fishing on the Yellow River on Friday .

He didn't know until after he cleaned it that it would qualify for a new Florida record. The former state record is 55 pounds also from the Yellow River.

If you have news or weather pictures to share, click on the See It. Shoot It. Send It. button.
Saturday, September 8 2012, 09:13 PM CDT

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
It amazes me the size catfish that come out of the yellow river, there must be some deep holes somewhere. It always seemed pretty shallow to me.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Kinda hard to long arm something a foot or so above your head...I thought maybe an angled shot,but from looking at the house behind him I say its a straight on pic.And look at the size of the mouth where his hand is resting...more than twice the width of his hand.Damn big fish for sure.

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Okay, now u got my attention that is a nice flathead. Florida is turning into a awesome flathead state. Remember flatheads didn't show up in florida untill the early 80S, now we are starting to see big flatheads in steady numbers showing up.

It won't be long until 100lbers start showing up and 60s are common. Florida is a bit behind but I think we will soon be top 10 for flathead waters in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts