Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put some live bait in the well last Friday morning. Set my biggest bottom rig in my "first time out" friend's hands and told him to hold on. Dropped a energetic Pin Fish down and BOOM! Must have been one of those "freight train" AJs. Drag was locked down but there was no stopping him ... POW! Lost in the structure. This is going to be a really good day ... and then my friend starts making lots of noise and eventually turns green and inside out. As He's violently chumming the water, I'm frantically trying to get another bait down. "Just keep your eyes on the horizon" I said (never been seasick), but he's getting worse. "Do I catch a fish and lose a friend or do I ...?" We went back in. So does this mean I'm getting old and soft? (I've only done this for women and children). Is this a sign of weakness or kindness? Please help :)001_huh:)!

·
Who we talkin' about?
276 Posts
Self preservation! Watching him spew would eventually get to you and then you'd both be doing it. Of course you know a really good friend like that would tell everyone you were worse than he was killing your reputation as an "old salt".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice! From now on when the fisherman in my boat vomit their swimbladders, I'm using the venting tool and continuing to fish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts