Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Florida forum, but many of you have asked about MAD, some saying they have tried to take troops fishing with other organizations who have dropped the ball, that is not the case with MAD, please read on. MAD held its 7th event on Sat 17 October, this was our smaller winter event in Oak Island NC , we put over 60 military members on the water with over 30 boat owners volunteering their time and vessels. Though the weather wasn't the greatest, and some of the boats got completely skunked, the heroes had a blast. There were absolutely no frowns to be seen. All but 2-3 heroes had never been on the water, so even the one who caught a 15lb ray thought is was one of the greatest times he has had in a long time. A good load of kings, spanish, flounder, specs, etc, etc, were caught, one hero on his first trip on blue water caught a NC Citation Red Drum. Our next scheduled events will be on 5 Jun 10 in Morehead NC, and 31 July 10 in Panama City FL. There will be pictures posted within the next week on the site www.militaryappreciationday.org , check it out and join us, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would love to do this around here.If there are any military guys want to go fishing pm me and we'll try to get out and have fun...:usaflag

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2bbchinit, We are trying to get the word out to the military in the area right now, we have made contact with a few of the bases in the area and are hoping to get the military involved VERY soon. If your interested sign up on MAD, www.militaryappreciationday.org, and we will hook you up as soon as we get troops asking. You can also keep up with our postings for MAD5 Panama City.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As a military member that is new to this area I must say that I am impressed with the fact that the military in welcomed here. I have been stationed in San Diego and Norfolk and there is not much love thrown our way for the sacrafices that each and every member gives. I know of quite a few people that would love to participant in such an event. There was a young airman walking down the pier in uniform this past saturday and one of the fisherman went out of his way to shake his hand and say thank you. That is one of the few moments I will remember for the rest of my life. Thank you to all that support us. I goes along way. Much longer that you may know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flying Eagle,

Spread the word to everyone you can find on base, have them sign up at www.militaryappreciationday.org, go to the take a hero fishing forum and let us know you want to go fishing, we are hoping to get boaters in the area signed up so we can start putting the military on the water. Keep an eye both here and the MAD site for updates about our event next July.

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts