Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
Spoken like a true Blackwater hunter Come up to my place in Evergreen this season, I'll put you over a pile of corn.
I appreciate the offer, but for what it costs to hunt in Alabama, I'll continue to drive through that shithole state to hunt the midwest for cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Bearded Brotula
16,399 Posts
I appreciate the offer, but for what it costs to hunt in Alabama, I'll continue to drive through that shithole state to hunt the midwest for cheaper.

Y'all almost elected a meth head that almost killed his hoe and you calling us a shithole?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

Oh, I mistook you for a meat hunter. You found somewhere to hunt for cheap in the midwest where you are going up and blasting every weekend? Do share....I am a very inexperienced and naive person when it comes to these sorts of things.

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
Oh, I mistook you for a meat hunter. You found somewhere to hunt for cheap in the midwest where you are going up and blasting every weekend? Do share....I am a very inexperienced and naive person when it comes to these sorts of things.
I hunt public and private land all over. Only shot 3 deer last year, least amount I've ever killed in a season. I just refuse to spend $400 on an out of state license to maybe kill a 120" deer in Alabama. I can hunt cheaper in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri and Kansas, and have a better chance of shooting something nice. So that's what I've been doing the last few years.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You shooting a bunch of 160 inchers? Those licenses up there ain't cheap and you also have to get tags. Not to mention the gas and time off work, those are long drives. I'm very happy to pay my $400 rape fee for my little ol crappy Alabama deer on the land I completely own and/or manage. I revoke your invite and offer it to Mr. Fish and Splittine and his girlfriend Jack.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Shoot. Stop in Tennessee for $300 for non residents. Can kill 5 doe a day there for meat hunters.
Kentucky aint cheap but with the opportunity to kill 160"-180" buck plus a couple 180lb doe it aint bad. Couple trips a season and you will spend the same as going to Alabama every weekend.
Kansas is draw tag. Then go hunt public land. Still aint hunting over a corn pile.
Finish there and drive a few more hours to Missouri. Great deer hunting. Good public land and giant deer.
Take 3 weeks off work and do a midwest tour. Bring back coolers full of better tasting meat and still not spend as much as hunting local. Get bored and hit blackwater in January and February after most everyone is closed and knock down these florida legal 6 points and call it a season. Once added up you aint out but a few thousand dollars. Not everyone is broke and afraid to burn gas. Hell meat hunting is done at night anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,108 Posts
I hunt public and private land all over. Only shot 3 deer last year, least amount I've ever killed in a season. I just refuse to spend $400 on an out of state license to maybe kill a 120" deer in Alabama. I can hunt cheaper in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri and Kansas, and have a better chance of shooting something nice. So that's what I've been doing the last few years.

Same here. I’d rather do a few out of state hunts for a week at a time rather than every weekend here. Much better hunting where you mentioned. And don’t forget Missouri.

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
I just like to see who gets their feelings hurt when I imply that hunting over corn is cheating... throw in a quick dig at the mediocre state of Alabama and you boys took the bait... hook, line and sinker.

Yall have fun paying $15 for a bag of corn to maybe shoot a 120" deer

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I just like to see who gets their feelings hurt when I imply that hunting over corn is cheating... throw in a quick dig at the mediocre state of Alabama and you boys took the bait... hook, line and sinker.

I use Bitcoin to buy the corn and since its fake money, it doesn't count

·
Registered
11,081 Posts

I’m all kinds of upset. Heck, since Letairout sold me of cell cameras, I’ve got killing down to about an hour hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 76 Posts