Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Meeting may 8, 2021. City of milton, City Hall 8:30 -11:00 am
Milton waste water treatment plant. Can't find a place to get rid you thier water. Cooper basin is 1 location. That could have major impacts on fish, ducks. Sturgeon. Another possible location is the state giving a large section of the hutton unit to them to make spray field. That will definitely impact all wildlife. Especially quail. Turkeys. Thats all the info I got. But definitely need folks to look into this. Get the word out and attend the meeting.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,235 Posts
Losing some of the Hutton would sure be a pisser for yall. Hope it doesnt pan out for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,078 Posts
I don't see the state giving up public land for this... but I've been wrong before, and I'm prepared to raise hell over it. I'd rather see them pump it into the main river where there is much more flow, than the slow moving water in Cooper.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Meeting may 8, 2021. Santa rosa county auditorium
Milton waste water treatment plant. Can't find a place to get rid you thier water. Cooper basin is 1 location. That could have major impacts on fish, ducks. Sturgeon. Another possible location is the state giving a large section of the hutton unit to them to make spray field. That will definitely impact all wildlife. Especially quail. Turkeys. Thats all the info I got. But definitely need folks to look into this. Get the word out and attend the meeting.

I’m gonna have to do my best to make it. What time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,099 Posts
830-11:00 am

They make sure to have meetings during work hours fer common folk so there will be little attendance and they can say see no one cares......PASSED!

Reactions: Buster68

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They make sure to have meetings during work hours fer common folk so there will be little attendance and they can say see no one cares......PASSED!
This is on a Saturday. But yeah all their meetings are mid day during the week.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I don't see the state giving up public land for this... but I've been wrong before, and I'm prepared to raise hell over it. I'd rather see them pump it into the main river where there is much more flow, than the slow moving water in Cooper.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Don't say that. Escambia WMA gave up quite a bit of land.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,353 Posts
They used to dump/spread it out by the BW prison, maybe still do? Wonder why not anymore, prisoners complain about the stench in the air, or they over saturated the ground water over the years in that area?

They should work a deal with Georgia, and send it to them. They have new fangled systems were they can recycle sewer water to clean drinking water. Maybe Milton should upgrade theirs too.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Location Change
Going to be at city hall in milton.
Sits between Munson hwy and Dixon Street.
Across from milton high school

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Supposed to be a bunch of "experts" and scientists people, to explain how it would actually clean the river and make it better.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
its state land no one is going to lose it
Really? There used to be a hunting area up 29 where a lot of us hunted...then it got changed to Blue Water Creek...very limited number allowed...still state, but run like a club....then the state decided to lease it out to private clubs.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,353 Posts
What happened to la floresta (think that's right) up that way (hwy 29) you had to walk in, is that the same place you're referring to? ^^^

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
No, this was St Regis Pasture, then Champion ( WMA), then Blue Water Creek, now just hunting clubs.

La Floresta was on Perdido River.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anything can happen when big politics gets involved.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
its state land no one is going to lose it
Kind of like those 99 year/no tax lease's right? Better have deep pockets to fight anything like this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts