Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Provocateur
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a good site to monitor sea surface temperatures on the beach?

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
ON the Beach NO, it will probably change 10 degrees today with the sun coming out. The temp in the bay at low tide will vary as much as 30 degrees from the 3 barges and 40 degrees from 25 miles offshore. Tides, sunny days cold fronts and wind effect the beach tides daily.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
I just checked the water temp there. It was showing 57 yesterday. I check the Navarre beach pier, and it shows the water temps is 71...that is quite a difference, and obviously incorrect.
Read my post, shallow water will change drastically.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
My son is a surfer, so I get mine from Magic Seaweed. Says 65 right now. Sounds about right to me considering the mild winter. I'm unsure where their data comes from.

Reactions: Fish_On

·
Provocateur
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My son is a surfer, so I get mine from Magic Seaweed. Says 65 right now. Sounds about right to me considering the mild winter. I'm unsure where their data comes from.
That certainly seems closer than 71 reported at Navarre beach pier. That data is from Hiltons.

·
Provocateur
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either way, I don't think it is warm enough yet to get the pompano really active. I caught one about two weeks ago, nothing but drum, and a few reds since.

·
Provocateur
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A bit off topic here, but do you guys prefer the pompano rigs with floaters, or just red beads on them? I'm anxious to catch a few throwing a jig tipped with a sand flea. Haven't caught one using a jig yet, but I've only tried it maybe 2-3 times.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
All my rigs have floats, all are double drop some yellow some orange and some expensive yellow with orange dots. They have worked better for me than just beads so I stick with them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts