Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are wanting to try trolling? Was hoping someone with imagery could tell me if the nipple is worth running to. We aren't experienced at trolling. I'd like any advantage I can get. If not we'll burn a lot of gas and crush a lot of cans lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We may go anyway if there isn't anywhere close that's better. Just have to hope for something floating.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I haven't been personally, but the wahoo and mahi report has been steady. Good pocket of green water with a decent rip west of the nipple. I'm personally waiting for the water temp to drop a bit, but you don't know if you don't go!

Apparently it is HOT at the blue water rip. The only problem is that it is about 200 miles out... Image was the last clear day, (8/7/19).

Untitled.jpeg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we went and struck out. Not much life out there. Found a small rip with very little grass trolled it with no luck.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Friend went to Spur last we. Water clean green and lots of bait. They didn’t do any good and ended up deep dropping, but are headed back this we.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Friend went to Spur last we. Water clean green and lots of bait. They didn’t do any good and ended up deep dropping, but are headed back this we.
get anything deep dropping? :thumbup: usually, if they ain't hitting a trolling lure, then you can pick up something on the bottom.

jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts