Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,</DIV></DIV>This is not a Halloween joke. </DIV></DIV>I bought a 6 pack of diet Dr. Pepper at the H.E.B. Grocery store chain, based in south TX. The store was at Port Lavaca. Went there Monday afternoon to get dog food, soda, oatmeal, just a few items.</DIV></DIV>So today about noon I was drinking this soda, a .5 liter bottle, 16.9 ounce.and got to the bottom of the label and was sitting across from Brian talking and decided to "kill" the soda in thisbottle...imagine what I thought when I set the bottle down, hear a soft noise and looked and saw this.</DIV></DIV>
</DIV></DIV>Yep a mouse..No doctor was in during lunch, neither was the attorney. So a nurse at the hospital next to my doctor at Kenedy said to call poison control at San Antonio. So I have to look for food poisoning symptoms. The attorney says see the doctor, the doctor said to watch for food poison symptoms, vomit, diarrhea. A couple of days, fever stuff like that...keep fingers crossed for me...said fleas, fur borne parasites and fecal matter will be most dangerous.</DIV></DIV>Attorney will talk to me more later, all I want is to not be sick and for others to know what can happen and the bottler to acknowledge same. Not out to sue or collect anything.</DIV></DIV>Anyways hope I can sleep tonight and from now on will try my best to pour my drinks into a separate container, cup...or use fountain drinks, but who knows what is in those tanks and ice makers...</DIV></DIV>Love ya all,</DIV></DIV>Jan</DIV> </DIV>

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Ya, that's crazy its says they heard a noise how did it stay alive??? and there not out to collect anything I'd collect all I can....

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wld1985 (10/27/2007)Ya, that's crazy its says they heard a noise how did it stay alive??? and there not out to collect anything I'd collect all I can....
Bill, Susan got that E-Mail from Jan...I thought the same thing. Will have her ask when they talk.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think maybe the best best you could hope for is a lifetime supply of Dr. Pepper. They want you to shut up! I don't know you, but I'll bet their lawyers can out spend you.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm with Corpsman. Not only what he said but how would you NOT know something that big was sloshing around in your bottle. I smell a Halloween prank. Come on. A little common sense goes a loooong way.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Corpsman (10/27/2007)I am calling bullshit on this one. There is no way that mouse would have fit in the neck of the bottle.
First it's not BS. And if you know anything about mice, if they can get their head into a hole the body will fit. The product was Dr. Pepper and dark colored, hard to notice anything. How many of you check the contents of a drink before opening it and consuming the product. The rep from Dr. Pepper wants the bottle, receipt, and the remainder of the six pack. Remember this happened at work and at least one co-worker was present.

Susan talked to her tonight. She swore it wasn't a joke.

"""hear a soft noise and looked and saw this.""" I'll get Susan to ask her about this statement, it got me wondering also as I was reading the E-Mail.

Keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hell, if someone can get a million for spilling hot coffee on thier self, I could not imagine where this could and would go.:sick

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Why aren't they showing the top of the bottle? Maybe because the top was cut off and the rat was stuck in there as a practical joke...:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
maybe the soft noise was that of the dead critter sloshing back to the bottom of the bottle after it was tipped back down following the last swig (you know, a little wet, slapping thump noise).

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Would definitely like to see more and better photos. If it is a prank, Dr. Pepper will want some blood.

Remember the guy who put his brother's severed finger in burger at Windy's. Once it was discovered it was a staged event, Windy's counter-sued and got an arm & a leg (pun).

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll have Susan call her and see if she still has the bottle (Dr. Pepper rep might have it) and see if a better picture can be had. She swears it's not a prank.

Sent Jan a E-Mail with a link to this post.

<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Jan. <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I saw the pictures of the mouse in the Dr. Pepper bottle. I posted the E-Mail and photos (omitted your E-Mail address) on a fishing forum I belong to. They are calling me out, as in prank. If you still have the bottle they want to see the top and verify that the top isn?t cut off. They questioned it. Check out this link.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Topic12748-3-1.aspx?Update=1<o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Thanks Ron.<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE.....This is a E-Mail I got from Jan today.Hello Ron,</DIV></DIV>I do not have this bottle right now, the attorney sent a woman for it, so they could get the run numbers, etc, so they have the bottle, the cap, receipt. I had frozen the mouse in the bottle.</DIV></DIV>I assure you I did not cut the top off. </DIV></DIV>I didn't think to take picture of the whole bottle.I was pretty much knocked off center when I saw the critter and it was hard trying to keep it together to discuss it with nurse, poison control and the attorney...at first no one was available, it was right at noon andeveryone went to lunch.</DIV></DIV>When I put the bottle on the table it did make a soft noise, ever so slightly, thatit caused me to look at the bottle and then I saw the dark part,thought it was mold...then looked closer and saw the mouse. Mind youthe liquid is dark, the label covers a good part of the bottle. The mouse was not alive. So nothing sloshing.</DIV></DIV>As far as me collecting anything. The pointof going to the doctor was to protect myself SHOULD I become ill from this. Next there is mental anguish...welll yeah, it is creepy, disgusting, and I am wary about bottled anything where I cannot see the contents.</DIV></DIV>It is in the attorneys hands now.</DIV></DIV>I just do not want to be sick, am thankful it was me and not a guest or other family member. I have been through a great dealthis last year and am not looking forward to a big fight over it..however I am not foolish.</DIV></DIV>The forum can say and think what they want..I live alone and thus have to deal with what life pushes my way alone, so will do what is correct and right for me. It is a wonderful they are free from dealing with this issue, I am obviously cut from different cloth.</DIV></DIV>You have a lovely, caring wife, smart too. I am happy to know Susan.</DIV></DIV>Until next time, best to both of you</DIV></DIV>Jan</DIV>

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is :sick :sick :sick!! I went to a well known asian buffet fri. as I was eating some grilled octopus, I bit down on something hard, which turned out to be the "beak"! I told the manager about it and all he said was you got the mouth part, alot of people eat it you just need to look at it before you bite it. WTF! Didn't think I was supposed to disect my food before I ate it. I won't be eating there anymore!

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"""<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl18_lblFullMessage>Nice prank. The mouse takes up the whole bottom of the bottle. """

You are so right, the mouse takes up just about the whole bottom of a 16oz bottle. I didn't post this to debate weather it is a prank or not. This was not my intent. It was very unusual and not the first time something of the sort has happened. Just be aware that something of this sort can and mayhappen to you, hopefully not. Why may I say?...because everyone like you will be a skeptic. Susan, (my wife) can/is gullible at times, I myself thought at first it was a prank,Susan knows Jan (not something that was passed on and onthrough E-Mail), and don't believe she wouldtry to pull ascam on Dr Pepper, or anyone else for that matter.

To put this in my perspective..I don't think Jan would scam Dr. Pepper any more then (just to name two, not dismissing anyone else) Scott Brown, or Curtis Gilbert (Garbo) would. Now I do NOT really KNOW these two, but that is my take on both of them...one that I've met personally and the other that I've had MANY long conversations with. True we REALLY DON'T know what people are capable of doing. But for those of you that know these two...do you think either of them would try to pull a scam of this sort. If either one posted these pictures and made the same claim...would you call them out? After they claim this to be TRUE?? Now I do know people that would try.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
When I was a kid I bit into a mouse that was made up inside a Zero candy bar, didnt notice it untill I felt the fur in my mouth as I was chewing. The company sent me a whole case of candy bars to shut me up- gave them to my brother.

A few years ago was eating a bowl full of Kellogs Raisin Squares and had allready eaten over half of the bowl when I noticed some of the little black Raisin specks were swimming across the bowl. ...beetles!The company sent me coupons for 10 free boxes of cereal. :banghead:banghead

So I can believe her on this one. I have seen mice get into holes that are 4 times smaller than their bodies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts