Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from James Fink earlier today saying him and his son Austin got the invite to hunt some land in the north end of the county with some doe tags that needed to be used...James has been trying hard this year to get Austins first deer...well tonight it happened Austin plugged a 100# doe with his 7-08

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
That is way too cool. Congrats Austin. Listen to your Daddy, he can teach you more than you could ever imagine. ....

Congrats James. It's agreat day....

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,196 Posts
MUCHO CONGRATS to James and Austin!!!

What a THRILL that must be for both Dad ans Son...

Jim

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Excellent to hear!!!! Congrats to the little un'!!!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
775 Posts
YES!!! I can honestly say that has been my proudest moment as a father other than the birth of my children. We called my buddy as soon as she hit the dirt and then we called my Dad. Which was a bitter sweet moment for me...my Dad got me into hunting and enjoying those crisp mornings when your kids get cold, you go back to the car. Say here is some coffee...no sugar...sorry. Thats OK Dad, it still warms me up. And going up to Escambia river to go duck hunting, no ducks but dang it was fun to shoot at em non the less! And the memories go on, but he has never killed a deer. BUT he was the one that instilled my passion for hunting, and now it has been passed onto my son. When we made the call to my Dad, it was so much fun listening to Austin tell his story, and I started talking to my Dad, and I cried...so hard I couldn't find my keys to my truck. It took me until yesterday to realize why...because my Dad hasn't yet felt the after effects of watching one hit the dirt, knowing it was a great shot and knowing you are the man of the moment. I wish he could feel that moment, if just once in his life. Besides it would be pretty fun to wipe some blood on his face! Congrats Austin! I'm proud of you son!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts