Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FISH A HOLIC
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this doe dumped on my road this morning (Becks Lake Rd.) looks like only one backstrap was taken and then just discarded as trash. I say the trash were the assholes that put her there. She was already beginning to bloat and was covered with ants and fly eggs. A real shame.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
There was a spot on the road to our house up in WV where people did that. Sometimes there would be just the heads and skins, other times there were entire deer with just the backstraps out of it. Used to make me sick seeing that. Came by there one time and a game warden was there looking at all the carcasses.... said there wasnt much he could do other then post signs.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I'd like to see penalties like Alaska imposes for wanton waste, it may help, but pieces of $hit like whoever did that will still find a way to be idiots.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Unfortunately there are always going to be idiots. You can't school these people because they don't think like normal people. You can only punish them.
She was probably shot at night. They didn't want meat, they just wanted to kill something.
Makes me ill.

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's just sad, something so beautiful, gone to waste for just a bit of meat. Even if they didn't want the rest of the meat, they should have donated it, there's alot of people that could have used that.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
No different than the wasted bucks and does killed by peanut farmers and local depridation permits.Pisses me off.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
:tt2:
No different than the wasted bucks and does killed by peanut farmers and local depridation permits.Pisses me off.
:tt2:

·
Super Moderator
29,540 Posts
I had an idiot come down the road blacked out this AM while I was in a tree so I knew he was up to no good.....When I got down, I drove over to where I figured he stopped. Imagine that, I found what looked like a fawn ham with some scraps. It would have fit in a small walmart bag. Thing is, I'm not sure why it was dumped....the meat still looked good??? just another idiot I reckon!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good post, not a hunter, know plenty

I gotta say, this is one reason so many hunters get lumped into the "asshole" category.

We have often rescued lost hunting dogs. Dogs that were barely alive. Starving and suffering from hypothermia, shaking from the cold of Jan. One really sticks in my mind, nursed him back to health, kept him warm, he barely turned the corner, but he recovered with some TLC. Contacted the owner by a phone number on the collar. He came by late the following week. He treated that dog like a piece of meat. From what we saw, he did not care much about his near death experience. F&ck him. He had a cruel, cold way about himself. We should have never called. Put your dog down, or take DECENT care of it. Damn all that un-needed suffering from exposure.

Later we met a decent fella and his wife, they took care of their dogs. From then on, we would call them and they would come by and pick what we nursed back to health. They often reported that some of them were great deer dogs.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I know a farmer that farms about 200-300 acres in north Florida. An older gentleman raised on that, 2nd generation family farm. He gets a couple of fellas together once in while and they hunt "nuisance" deer in his vegetable fields. They work as a team and process everything, nothing goes to waste.

Again, I'm not a hunter, but I have heard him describe the amount of crop loss. I've always wondered, just how much can a dozen deer eat?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Did she have a "shot" hole in her? I have cut back straps out of fresh road kill deer before and not touched the rest. The hams and shoulders usually have bone splinters in them from the impact with the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Who cares what the situation was, the thread is about the dislike of wasting a deer for a little bit of meat, the pictures shows what is likely...a wasted deer. Everyone has seen it done, what's wrong with expressing opinions about it?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Did she have a "shot" hole in her? I have cut back straps out of fresh road kill deer before and not touched the rest. The hams and shoulders usually have bone splinters in them from the impact with the vehicle.
That's what I was thinking also. I didnt see any visible bullet hole or any blood on the deer. More than likely a road kill.

·
FISH A HOLIC
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it had a shot hole in it. if it had been fresher, id have taken it. but no such luck. the buzzards have been workin on it today !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts