Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I was in the tower on base for about four hours this morning and it was anything but calm.

From a mile and a half away, I could see the white capping outside of the pass, looking at it thorugh the bino's, it looked about 4-6'.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Made it out from 2-5 today, just fooling around in the bay. Been so long, justwanted to make sure the boat ran. Bay was smooth and the pass wasn't bad, seen a couple small river boats out there even. I was half tempted to run out for a few snapper, but had time constraints.

We caught a slot red in the pass, and lots of lil grouper. Also a fish which I'ld normally just call bait, looked sorta like a white bass, around 8 inches, with blue horizonal squigilly lines on it's side. We were using shrimp, had a few nice ones and lots of tiny ones, the redfish hit the larger shrimp but wouldn't touch the small ones. There was a couple on the beach netting some bait and tearing up the Reds, I saw them catch at least 4 a piece in about a1/2 hr.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Thanks for that report Jeremy. The bay did look like a lake while goin over the chico bridge this afternoon.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Went out at about 6:00 this morning. There was a north east chop in the bay it was bumpy but not bad. The pass was calm until you got to the out side points between Mcrea and Pickens. Big swell there. What was wild was seeing a barge loaded down with I10 wreckage being towed out with a tug. I would hate to be the guy driving that track hoe pushing that stuff off the barge. The gulf was real bad maybe 5 to 7 and around 10:00 the wind was straight out ofthe south east. There was actually someone in the middle of that pile of concrete and steel with a cutting torch cutting up rebar while the barge was undertow. The barge was listing to the port side pretty bad. My first thought was how stupid that was to be in the middle of the rubble with the water as rough as it was. What if some of that stuff shifted? My second thought was, if that barge was to start sinking how would that person get off? My third thought was, he must be making a lot of money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts