Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Warning!!

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  CJasonPerry 
#1 ·
I have been looking for an E-Tec 250. I saw one advertised locally. Seemed like a pretty good price. It's advertised as a 250 hp E-Tec. It was still in the crate and had not been run since purchased (long story) in 2010. So I ask the lady that has the motor who was it that did the Re Manufacture on this motor. She gave me the company name and i did a quick search online before work. Seemed like a pretty reputable company. So I go to take a look at motor. I get the serail # and call Jack Wills. He runs the # and finds out it IS Not only not a 250 , but a 200 hp motor that was built in 2000. It's a carb motor, lol

So I come back home and do more research on the remanufacturer and find loads of complaints about them. So be warned that Blackbird Marine aka onemarine aka A1 marine has loads on negative reports on line. Now this poor lady is stuck with a 200hp 2000 model motor that was sold to her husband as a reman 2004 Etec Be Leery of these guys!!!

#8 ·
That's pretty scary. I had a guy sell me a boat and motor one time and the forward went out first trip around the lake. We pulled the lower unit apart and the gears had been brazed together. Called and told him about it and he said too bad it was mine now. I Had to tell him I would bring a Sherrif's Deputy with me if needed to get my money back if he didn't have it when I got there. He coughed up the money.
Buyer beware is always true unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.