Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our house on Pensacola beach was broken into sometime tuesday night. They took a 42in. vizio tv and another small samsung tv. Our house was one of 18 others broken into this week! If anyone has any information please let me know!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I just saw on the news where 5 black young dudes were arrested, had over 10,000. Instuff. They are having a viewing at Pensacola police dept. Today 9 am till 11 am, bring proof of ownership.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Unless I am mistaken the 5 arrested, and the ability to pick up stolen items is from the thefts in East and North Hill areas. I dont believe there have been any arrests or even any leads to the break ins on the beach.

·
Super Moderator
27,947 Posts
Yepper, the news said the East Hill residents that had burglaries need to contact the Pensacola Police Department and may be able to get some stuff back. Now fer the beach burglaries, if those victims would like to contact the detective working the case and ask them about the same type of burglaries that occurred on the beach in Okaloosa County last year, sounds like the same crap. They would bust doors in and steal mostly the big TV's and electronics stuff (quick snatch and grabs)!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Dang, 18 houses? In a week? You figure that the cops would done a stakeout after the first 2 nights or something. Heck, a few concerned citizens sitting in the back of a SUV staking out the hood would have been a good idea as well.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Looks like the SOBs have moved down to Navarre Beach. My in-law's beach house was broken into a couple of days ago. We got a call from the SR Sheriff's Dept. this afternoon. Apparently a window was wide open and the curtain was flying out of it in this wind. A neighbor said it had been like that for a couple of days and she finally called the Sheriff.

All they took was a 55" Sony flat screen. They left three old technology smaller TVs.

Looked like they had been thru a few drawers in the bedrooms but didn't ransack or anything. Sounds like they took the big TV and got out.

What really sucks is we usually take the TV home for the winter. Live and learn.

Dang I would love to beinsideif these punks try to break in next time.I would PAY for the privilege.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
weatherman (3/12/2010)Dang, 18 houses? In a week? You figure that the cops would done a stakeout after the first 2 nights or something. Heck, a few concerned citizens sitting in the back of a SUV staking out the hood would have been a good idea as well.
What I have noticed is that SOMEpolice depts. go after soft targets like speeding, no seat belt, brake light out,,,,

It is going to take the citizens having a stakeout& shoot these punks when they enter,,,,

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Same thing here in Okaloosa county on the sound. The only thing that's been good about it that the alarm companies are picking up a lot of new business. On the plus side the alarm systems available today are awesome. If you don't have on and feel the need for one it's a good investment and it works. I had a contractor set off a fire alarm last year (dust) and I had more fire trucks, police cars and calls from the alarm company than I could handle. If you have an old system it can be upgraded to the new wireless technology easily.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I think we as individuals need to get more involved. Set-up community watch programs and start <SPAN style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: uppercase">looking for out for each other. I use to stress this to my Marines on a daily basis and it should carry over into civilian life. Know your neighbors and have better relationships within your communities. It?s not the be all end all by any stretch of the imagination but it definitely can?t hurt. I?ll tell you right now if I catch anyone inside my house that?ll be one less criminal the rest of you will ever have to worry about. That?s a promise!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts