Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When hunting, my biggest challenge on cold mornings is keeping my feet warm. Have any of you found an answer for cold feet, and if so how did you solve it ?

sock, boot combinations, or brands etc. ?

Thanks for your input.

ps) I know that the most logical way would be to have Tiffany Lakowski rub them for me, but she isn't always available.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
The easiest way to keep you feet warm is to buy a good pair of wicking socks and also a good pair of wool socks to put over them. You keep your feet dry from perspiration and you will keep the warm.

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
I use to buy cheapo boots w/ little insulation and many a days I left the woods early cause my toes were frozen:banghead When I started buying better boots (not the $200.00 kind though) w/ 1000 gram thinsulate or better they work out MUCH beter!!!:clap You can find goodGortex/Rocky/Guide Gear boots under $100.00, and good thick socks help too....Wool socks work good, justdon't make the mistake I did:doh DON'T PUT WOOL SOCKS IN THE DRYER!!!:banghead:banghead:banghead Go from adult socks to kids socks:doh:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
222 Posts
lobsterman (12/18/2008)The easiest way to keep you feet warm is to buy a good pair of wicking socks and also a good pair of wool socks to put over them. You keep your feet dry from perspiration and you will keep the warm.

Bingo!! This and a good pair of rubber boots does me just fine. It took me a long time and lots of money to find this out.

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
My feet usually get cold wearing rubber boots, this year i bought a pair of Red Head snake boots and still wear them now, dont need them for snake protection now but man are those things warm and comfy.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just make sure you don't have so many socks on that your boots are tight. It's better to have a little extra room in your boots than to have them tight on your feet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Muck Boots are in my opinion the warmest boots I've ever had. Not only are they very warm but they are breathable and your feet arent miserable during those warm days during hunting season that are so typical around here. They are also waterproof.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
One trick my Dad taught me is that you put on a pair of pure silk socks, then put wool socks over them. The silk wicks moisture away and helps create a warm air barrier around your foot. I also like my Alpha Burly boots with 1,000 grams of Thinsulate.

Ed

·
Registered
154 Posts
White's Boots

Best boot that I have ever worn. Still wearing my last pair for 12 years.<H3>Hunter</H3>

While many boot companies make remarkable claims about their lightweight hunting boots, White's knows that they just don't hold up under an all-day outing in rugged terrain. Serious hunters and outdoorsmen need a solid boot that can take the punishment, and so the White's Hunter was designed. There's nothing raw-boned inside; a glove-soft leather lining surrounds the foot and ankle for all-day comfort. Full-grain leather upper is treated with oil and silicone for superior water-repellency, then lock-stitched four times for maximum wear and durability. For bitter-colder seasons, order the insulated model with 400 grams of Thinsulate insulation and cambrelle wool lining to protect your feet from ice and snow. They don't get any tougher!<UL><LI>Available by special order only <LI>Standard in 10 inch height <LI>Available in Black Otter or Red Dog silicone and oil-treated leather <LI>Glove-soft leather lining for superior all-day comfort (Hunter model only) <LI>Four rows of lock stitching for rock-solid durability <LI>Lace-in tongue guard and laces included <LI>Completely rebuildable for years of extended life and value <LI>Optional hard celastic toe or ASTM F2413-05 approved steel toe <LI>Available as an insulated model <LI>NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE ORDERING <LI>To order boots you must fill out and mail in the "How to Measure" and "Order Forms". <LI>For questions please call our customer service at 1-800-541-3786</LI>[/list]<H4>Price: <SPAN class=price>$480.00</H4><H4>Price (insulated): <SPAN class=price>$515.00</H4>

·
Registered
511 Posts
By far the warmest hunting boots I ever owned are Lacross Alpha Burly 1200s. I have hunted Northern Minnesota in a deer stand and it was zero degrees. I bout froze but my feet stayed warm. Those boot booties are good but only to a certain degree. I can't imagine you all are talking about needing an ultra warm boot for Florida hunting though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Death From Above (12/18/2008)
David Ridenour (12/18/2008)
BuckWild (12/18/2008)Disposable heat pads slipped in your boots.
Those plus these. (Insulated boot covers

I second the Icebreakers. Been using them for 5 years. Warm feet guaranteed.
I got a pair of these coming from Santa Claus (I hope). I have the WORST time with my toes getting cold on days that aren't even all that cold (temp wise). The disposable toe/hand warmer work for me, but I have to keep buying the damn things for only a few hours of use.

Where can I buy these wicked socks? I'll will andhave tried everything, but not the wicked socks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What temp are you guys talking about? I just came back from Indy when the temp was 10 degrees and I had two pairs of boot socks on and a pair of rubber pac boats and was fine. Just don't let your feet sweat before you get to the hunting area. I wouldn't think you would need what I had on while hunting in Florida or Alabama.

·
Registered
556 Posts
metal11 (12/18/2008)What temp are you guys talking about? I just came back from Indy when the temp was 10 degrees and I had two pairs of boot socks on and a pair of rubber pac boats and was fine.
Everyone's anatomy is different. Just cuz your feet don't freeze like others doesn't mean everyone's feetshould be the same as yours. Just be glad you don't have the cold feet problem. I have been miserable many, many, many times with cold toes in S. AL and have tried about everything (except what I mentioned above).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
HeartofDixie (12/18/2008)
metal11 (12/18/2008)What temp are you guys talking about? I just came back from Indy when the temp was 10 degrees and I had two pairs of boot socks on and a pair of rubber pac boats and was fine.
Everyone's anatomy is different. Just cuz your feet don't freeze like others doesn't mean everyone's feetshould be the same as yours. Just be glad you don't have the cold feet problem. I have been miserable many, many, many times with cold toes in S. AL and have tried about everything (except what I mentioned above).
I feel your pain. I've worn artic pac boots and my feet still get cold. The boot covers are the only thing that work for me.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,783 Posts
$ 49 pair of Lacrosse Knee high rubber boots, (uninsulated) a pair of merino wool socks and a plastic walmart bag ! put on your socks, slip you socked feet into the bag and put yo feet in the boot !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts