Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From NE Indiana, transferred here for work.... Fished my entire life up north, time to start fishing down here.

Looking for trips on sat/sun's...

Surf fishing, fresh or salt water trips..... Just looking to learn the in and outs of fishing down here and get up to speed on the how, what and where to go.

Willing to chip in for gas, don't have any salt water gear yet as I'm not sure what to get or would need.

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Your best bet, for now, is to pick a specie that you are interested in catching; then, use the SEARCH function on here and read as much as you can on the subject specie. Much better than starting from zero.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
watch the ride wanted section. There are rides available and most people with boats have extra equipment you can barrow. For pier and bridge fishing, go down and observe and talk to the people fishing.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Spend hours digging threw all the archives on this site and you will learn a ton. Then go do hands on practice.
Everything you need to know, and where and when to go to the exact coordinate is on this site.
Good fishin to ya.
The water will warm real soon. Never soon enough

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
also YouTube has thousands of videos on catching Speckled Trout, Redfish, Pompano and probably any other species in the area. Also videos on how to catch crabs in a trap, cast a net, gig a Flounder etc.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
As for gear go down to outcast with a price and species in mind and ask questions. They will be able to set you up with everything you need.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
You posted in the right place. There are always people looking for others to fish with and help with costs. Where exactly are you located and do you prefer to go out of?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm from Huntington, about 20 SW of Ft Wayne. I mainly fish from a Hobie outback, fished the surf a few times. Guys on here are really helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am from Fort Wayne:thumbsup: Give me a call, I can speed up your learning curve on salt water fishing. Welcome on my boat, try out some of my gear before you purchase

Terry Helmkamp

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
I lived in Ft. Wayne for 5 years. Congrats on getting outta there. Actually it was a very nice place to live from July 4 to August 31. Welcome to Paradise!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts