Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED : UNWANTED PALM TREES

I WILL REMOVE THEM AND LEVEL THE HOLE THEY WILL WELL TAKEN CARE OF AT MY HOUSE THANKS CHAD 777-6722

·
Registered
736 Posts
sago palms as most people call them (king/male...queen/female) are not palms at all, they are cycads.......just be careful moving them they are very,very poisonous.....they have an extremely strongtoxin......do not put your hands near your face or any cuts while moving them......they are also deadly to animal and children:sick........the seeds are especially toxic, they contain cycasin and other neurotoxins:sick.............outside of that they are very attaractive, just use caution with them:letsdrink

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a couple of those Sago palms you can have too. Send me a PM and I will tell you when a good time to come by. I live in Navarre.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (1/15/2010)Just one "nut" off a sago palm is enough to put a large dog into liver failure. No treatment for it, either.....

:hotsun
http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=3459215

I did not know that, I have large one in my backyard my baby girl(fat chocolate lab) lays under when she is outside. It is history now, thanks.

If anyone wants one in Niceville let me know.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone that called anyone else that has any just give me a call 777-6722 Thanks Chad

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (1/15/2010)Just one "nut" off a sago palm is enough to put a large dog into liver failure. No treatment for it, either.....

Go figure. The "nuts" come from the female saga.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
sosmarine (1/28/2010)

Go figure. The "nuts" come from the female saga.
If they are poisonous, that would explain that.

I have several large ones, that have lots of "pups" growing on them. You can have as many pups as you want. I also have the nuts or seeds for growing your own from seed.

ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts