Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Girl friend and I are getting married in mid May. She wanted to get married on a charter fishing boat (great huh), thinking the Captain could marry us, but I found out that can only happen if the Captain can also legally marry a couple on land(<-- was some interesting internet reading). We are in the Pensacola area and that is where the charter will be out of. So now I am looking for a chaplain or minister that would like to have a paid seat on the charter.

I would kind of like to find a young miltary chaplain that would like to fish on a charter boat but the cost of a trip might not fit into the budget right now. The only real requirement would be that you are legally able to marry somebody in Florida. It's going to be a very casual affair, less than 10 folks present. If this is you or you know somebody that would fit the description PM me an introduce yourself.

Ron

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
The guy who owns key sailing below surf burger on Pcola beach. He used to be licensed to marry. I would imagine he is a captain also. He married a buddy of mine several years ago on the beach right behind Key sailing.

Sounds like you got a keeper. Congrats & good luck!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You can look in the yellow pages under Notary Public and call around to find one that will do a marriage ceremony for you. For the marriage to be legal it has to be performed in the State Of Florida boundaries which means you have to stay within 9 miles of the shore in the Gulf for it to be legal. But after ceremony you can go as far as you like. Check around with your friends some of them may be a Notary or know of a Notary that will do this for you. Most of them only charge 100.00 or less. Good Luck and Congratulations and hopes this helps.

Debbie

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Deacon Dan here! I can perform the ceremony for yall on whatever vessel yall decide to have the hitchin done on. Legal? Well Hell No! But that makes the divorce so much easier at the ineveritble end cause it never really happened,hint,hint! With magic words smoken from myself and a couple drops of Landshark on yalls toes it will never seem so real(at least not to her). :shedevil So for a not so real wedding experience,go to Deacon Dans Wedding [email protected]'mgointohell.com. and save yourself man! Oh yea,I also do vessel blessings,pet funerals and de-flowerings!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Pastor Billy Fowler.

Used to be a regular on the forum but he has not been on in a LOOONG time. His contact information should be on his anglers outreach page. He does ministering services on the tournament circuit but still lives locally in Pace. A top notch fisherman as well as a great guy

http://www.djhooks.org

http://www.anglersoutreach.org

·
Valued Member
356 Posts
SaltAddict (2/15/2010)The guy who owns key sailing below surf burger on Pcola beach. He used to be licensed to marry. I would imagine he is a captain also. He married a buddy of mine several years ago on the beach right behind Key sailing.

Sounds like you got a keeper. Congrats & good luck!

The boat captain thing really doesn't apply in your situation. As mentioned a few times already, you only need to be a public notary in FL to wed a couple or to actually sign the wedding license. It doesn't matter who helps you with your vows. You will need to file for the wedding license 72 hours before you plan to tie the knot if you ARE a FL resident. Non-residents do not have a waiting period.

I am an ordained American Catholic Priest, USCG Captain, and Public notary. I did the underwater wedding on the Oriskany

I don't know if I will be available in May, but I hope this helped.

Sure you don't want to get married on a gun range?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the good info. Deacon Dan might have the best idea tho :clap

I was going to look up the offshore miles limit but thanks now I don't have too.

Awesome web sit Capt. Ron one of the best, with lots of good information. How many initials have you got after your name? With all those ceritifications and such i bet it's a couple of line worth. :bowdown

As I said I have a little time before the dirty deed is done, and I'm hoping to help out somebody in the military.

But still accepting all good tips.

Ron

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pastor Billy Fowler is my dad.....fishing medic had said something about him earlier post...he actually has a ministry for fisherman....if you decide thats a route you want to take...pm me and ill get you his number and you can talk to him!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
My best friend is a minister and he comes to visit (and do things his parishiners wouldn't approve) frequently. I'm sure he's do the ceremony for you. Let me know ifI can help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts