Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,254 Posts
I have an 11 foot heavy brail net made by a forum member, Steve Eggart. It was used to throw off the dock in 8 feet of water.

$100.00

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
It is a 10' Super Spreader. 1" mesh, no idea on the weight/ft. It catches plenty fish, and is in great condition.
Got a new one being built now, but I'd like to pick that one up as a spare. I can't come to milton until next Thursday or Friday(new work schedule) so if you get the chance and can sell it, go ahead. If you still have it then I'll take it.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
1st to show up gets it. I'm in no rush, but have been burned a time or 2 by "promises to buy", so I now have a "no holds" policy.
You going to be home tomorrow before noon? I've got to come over to Milton tomorrow to pick up my new net.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Sorry man, it's sold. I thought I posted that it was, but don't see the post?????
Glad you found a buyer. I'm not sweating it since I already have 5 ten foot mullet nets, 2 twelve foot nets and 1 nine foot net...and tomorrow picking up a new 11 foot net.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Is it worth repairing cast nets these days?
Depends on a couple of things.
1) how much damage is done
2) custom made or mass production
3) condition of the webbing, chewed up or good condition
4) how well the net fishes.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,383 Posts
I have one that is older and has a hole in it. I'm not gonna fix it, just didn't know if someone would want to fix it. I don't need the lead, as I already have 400 lbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts