Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, my brother is driving down from Michigan to visit me for the first time. He is only going to be here Sat and Sun, and wants to catch some fish. I usually fish the pier for Spanish, shorefish for Pomps. Neither one of those seem like an option this weekend because of the rough surf. I was thinking about taking him to Pickens sound side to try for reds or black drum. I don't usually fish for either, so any advice about there or anywhere else is greatly appreciated.

Tight lines, Kbomb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try wade fishing at Naval Live Oaks. Grab some live shrimp and float them out there. Should be some specs and reds around. You can also try lures if pin fish are to bad stealing your bait. Also, tons of Lys out there right now. If you have a cast net catch some and use them.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
if you're going to pickens and don't care about getting some edible meat, i'd say shark fishing. that's the thrill that most snowbirds like.
jack

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
forgot to tell ya. everybody on this forum knows how to shark fish from the shore. just post up some questions.
jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I always want something to eat, but my brother wanted to catch a shark. I'm so glad we were able to get it done for him.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
told ya. hahaha. that smile on your bros face is priceless.
jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts