Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtb 2100 sea chaser (ideally, because I've liked what I have tested so far), 200hp max. I've been looking for a long time! Need to get out to the wrecks and edge for spear fishing, and need to get there fast and economically. If anyone knows of anyone selling a modest off shore boat I would love the help for the search!! I'm not very picky as long as it is a trustworthy boat/motor and kept up perfectly.. is that too much to ask for? NEED BOAT BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER! GOOD LORD!!

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
I have a 236 key largo with a new 2012 200 optimax for 15k. Like a new boat for a fraction of the price.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
wtb 2100 sea chaser (ideally, because I've liked what I have tested so far), 200hp max. I've been looking for a long time! Need to get out to the wrecks and edge for spear fishing, and need to get there fast and economically. If anyone knows of anyone selling a modest off shore boat I would love the help for the search!! I'm not very picky as long as it is a trustworthy boat/motor and kept up perfectly.. is that too much to ask for? NEED BOAT BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER! GOOD LORD!!
What is your budget you are looking to stay within

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I've found 2 so far, one was for 10k and the old lady didn't have a clue of what she was talking about. bare boat/motor with a few minor problems she went down to 9k. but honestly no one I have showed that boat to has said they'd pay over 8k or else I'd be giving my money away. the other is still a work in progress! I am hoping to get it at the price I want, I've been working him for a few days now. Just don't want to be left with no options if he doesn't bump down... and I'm also very stubborn.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
I have a seafox 237 with twin 90's 2003 low hours. t-top center console. Fully loaded ... New pumps , new wake board stereo speakers, humminbird 798 side image down scan, lowrance 8 inch screen bottom machine, humminbird GPS. Lowrance VHF radio. Perfect condition.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you are going to stay under 24' I would seriously recommend staying with a bay boat. Just a lot more enjoyable boats for the money and feet IMO, you can enjoy the whole boat bow to stern with the family. They are usually a lot easier and cheaper to maintain, you get more out of the smaller motors, you can inshore fish, and even take them on the rivers, lakes, and ponds, easier to trailer especially long distance, etc.

Obviously you have to choose your days to head off shore better, but when you are in a 20-23ft boat anything over 1-2s sucks anyway and you really don't want to mess with anything over 2-3s in a boat under 24ft because you just get beat to death. Yeah if the weather changes they are not as safe, but that is the only consequence to me and as said just pick you days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts