Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its called Alpine quest and is hands down the best app i have found for hunting.It was made for hikers i think but it has every feature i need in a very easy interface.It will store maps on your phone for use when u have no signal,It will range areas and tell you the exact distance accross a clear cut or end or center of food plot,It will track everywhere you go than allow u to come back and free hand draw a trail over your track,Perfect for guys that need to know the fastest route to an area that u cant see the roads on sattelite due to tree cover.The track feature can be toggled on and off.
You can add waypoints and make them any color u want to mark different spots.I use green for plots,red for cameras,pink for plots that are open and not on the board,and also you can take a pic or pics of the area and store them on the waypoint to later help u remember what u saw.
You can free draw boundries of your lease or public land using lines and make them any color u want,YOu can also mark out an area like a food plot and it will give you the exact square acres.Very useful for planting and calculating lime and seed,
It also has a ton of maps to choose from and the best one is the fall google sattelite,shows the white oaks with the super bright red leaves.
It also has a compass that will turn the map as you see it.So walking to a stand is easy just walk towrds it with the phone faced down,you dont have to follow the track or wait for sattelite fix to update your track.
I have been very impressed with this app and it has made hunting the 7000 acres very easy since i have all the roads and trails marked.When i want to go to an area i know exactly how to get there.

I have used Trimble GPS hunt and it sucks.It wont cache the maps so when the signal goes down you have no idea where u are at.scoutlook is the same way,No offline maps.They skipped over the most important things of a GPS app.
Here is some screen shots of what it does.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Looks like it doesn't work on Iphones. I see android listed, but no mention of Iphones. There is a free version and $6.99 for the pay version. Here's a link to the website. I've just been using Google maps with good success so far... Thanks for sharing.

http://alpinequest.net/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts