Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted this in the repair section but it does not seem to be getting much exposure right now. Then again, maybe it's just me...:crying

Anyhow...

Over the weekend I tore down the port side v-drive on the project boat for a rebuild and noted that the pinion gear is missing a tooth and some of the splines on the pinion shaft are slightly mared (previous owner must have hit something). Called Walter Gear Company this morning to see about getting replacement parts. The pinion shaft is no longer available and the pinion gear.....well, lets just say I would be "raw" for a while! So, I was wondering if someone might have some used parts laying around that they might want to part with or maybe an old v-drive that they might want to sell for parts?

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Yo Alan,

I have one old V drive + some parts and/or I have sources since I rebuild them whenever I cannot get out of it.
What model? Walters RV - 30 or ____________

Give me a call. 572 1225

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom,

It is a RV-20D

2.05 : 1 gear reduction

The pinion gear has (or had) 21 teeth,and

fits onan 18 spline pinion shaft

I will try to give you a call when I get back to the house later.

Thanks for the reply.:toast

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is old - but hoping for some response. I also am looking for gears for an RV-20D, 2.05-1 ratio. Anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts