Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would anyone like to fess up to being said Marksman? Yesterday evening setting in my stand I've got 6 nannies in the green patch one of which is about the size of Shetland pony and about 5:00 I here a hunter start shooting about a mile north of me really fast at a deer,not at the deer I was watching, your third shot connected not sure about the 4th and 5th.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, just slinging lead and hoping for the best. I figure it must have been a good 1. I wouldn't mind hearing the story.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
I don't know how to post the little icons of the smiley face guy that has the confused look on his face but if I knew how, I would

·
Registered
277 Posts
Would anyone like to fess up to being said Marksman? Yesterday evening setting in my stand I've got 6 nannies in the green patch one of which is about the size of Shetland pony and about 5:00 I here the first of a spirited volley of suppressive fire, your third shot connected not sure about the 4th and 5th.
I'm so confused. Were the shots at the deer you were watching? Or you just heard a "spirited volley of suppressive fire" from a nearby hunter.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A hunter about a mile north of me, I'm guessing anyone who knows has been sworn to secrecy. I just figured somebody knew what happened. I had visions of the ole thirty point at a dead run after shot 3.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm still confused! Did he shoot at the deer in front of you from a mile away, or did you just hear 3 shots back to back from a mile away?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
JT, you have everyone of us confused. Are you complaining about the shooting messing up your hunt or did the guy shoot onto your field? Where in Walnut Hill did this occur?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
From what I understand, he was watching some does. When, somewhere off in the distance, he heard a volley of fire. Presumably being fired at a deer in another field...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the confusion, nobody shot at the deer I was watching. The shots were about a mile north of me.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Read original post again. I fixed it. I hope.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
How do you know he was even shooting at deer? I used to go shoot at a buddy's place in walnut hill. We emptied a many of 100 round drums, and never saw the first deer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts