Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nice deer rifles, my favorite is a Browning A bolt 300 wsm. However, I want a good shooting 243 bolt action, just a cheap one for coyote hunting and for when I have kids wanting to hunt.

Can someone tell me what is a decent model that Walmart carries that is a good gun without spending a lot. I noticed they carry a Remingtons, ruger etc. I would like to keep the price around $400.00 or less.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Why not buy a used rifle? Plenty of good deals out there on better guns than you'll find at WalMart and usually for a better price.
If you do want something new, I wouldn't be too hung up on getting it at WalMart. There are plenty of independent gun shops around that carry similar items with similar price tags. I even found a Mossberg at Mike's Gun Shop in Pensacola $50 less than anywhere else I had found.
When given the opportunity, I always like to try and keep my business local.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Forget Wal-Mart and go to your gun shop of choice and get a Ruger American.
They run $350. About the best gun under $400.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have heard hood things about the Ruger American series. I have a Savage Axis (now Edge) thats my coyote gun. It does not have accu trigger but is a damn good shooting rifle. I think i paid 2 ish for it bare..

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not buy a used rifle? Plenty of good deals out there on better guns than you'll find at WalMart and usually for a better price.
If you do want something new, I wouldn't be too hung up on getting it at WalMart. There are plenty of independent gun shops around that carry similar items with similar price tags. I even found a Mossberg at Mike's Gun Shop in Pensacola $50 less than anywhere else I had found.
When given the opportunity, I always like to try and keep my business local.
I would buy used in a minute if I could find one. Everything seems to be in 308 and I want a 243.

Not hung up on Walmart, just the only place I frequent and see guns.

Our independent gun shops here are Jays...........

I was talking with 2amendament last night, he may have what I'm looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Check with Mike's or Scott's before you buy at Wal-Mart. Last couple guns I have bought were the same price at Mike as Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Personally would not buy a used rifle.why would anyone get rid of a good shooter unless it dont shoot very well.some rifles flat out shoot and no way I would part with a rifle that was a tack driver.seems like savages are like that.1 out of 3 will shoot hella good and the other 2 are finicky and mediocre.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Personally would not buy a used rifle.why would anyone get rid of a good shooter unless it dont shoot very well.some rifles flat out shoot and no way I would part with a rifle that was a tack driver.seems like savages are like that.1 out of 3 will shoot hella good and the other 2 are finicky and mediocre.

Are you even allowed to own guns?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Who knew? Welcome back Willis.
July 3 1975 is my Bday.look it up,You want my social ill PM it to you.I have nothing more on my record than some traffic tickets and an adjudication witheld on a DWOL.Did 3 years probation and paid all my fines.Could care less about arguing with people on this forum or stirring the Pot.I get enough drama here at the shop.Dont need it anywhere else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts