Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick report from Destin this past Thursday. A friend of mine came in from Tallahassee and we trolled dusters and cigs out of the pass around 7am. Before we were 5 miles out we lost 1 king, had one in the boat, hooked up again and it was fighting harder this time, my buddy hooked up too, when I see his wahoo skip across the water I knew I had one too. I wasn't prepared to get mine in the boat and it got off while I was trying to get the gaff. We gaffed his though! Next day missed a couple kings and only had a small dolphin in the boat after hours of trolling. Still, wahoo and dolphin within 5 miles of the pass? This is looking like a great summer for fishing!

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
:thumbup:Good post:thumbup: You are correct hopefully this will be a great fishing season and NO HURRICANES! :yes:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nice. Those small ones are real works of art.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We had a wahoo follow in last Fri. within 7 miles of the beach.....hung around for a few minutes watching us fools throw everything in the boat for him.... didn't bite....... decided to leave us.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
After catching many O stud fish including a 90 plus pound wahoo, a 40 pound gag, and a 20 pound red, I'm convinced we need slot limits. None of those big azz fish are that good. They are tough. I'm convinced these azz hats at NOAA are clueless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts