Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather may be to windy to yak this weekend. Any good wade fishing spots in gulf Breeze area. I was thinking bout gulf national sea shores or big Sabine. Never wade fished but looking for trout and reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Been doing a lot of wade fishing recently. Its been windy so I haven't had my boat out. The areas you stated as well as naval Live Oaks across the sound would be a great place. Between recent reports and experience, bring a gold spoon, a jerk/twitch bait and a jig. Live bait, under a popping cork would also be great.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been doing a lot of wade fishing recently. Its been windy so I haven't had my boat out. The areas you stated as well as naval Live Oaks across the sound would be a great place. Between recent reports and experience, bring a gold spoon, a jerk/twitch bait and a jig. Live bait, under a popping cork would also be great.

Sounds like a plan. I stay down the street from naval live oaks. I have all 3 baits as well lol. Any tips on what areas to target or how to fish them

·
Registered
580 Posts
Where there is grass there is bait. Where there is bait there is predator fish. Find grass and work it.

Jerk bait: Reel two cranks, pop it once or twice then pause for a second. Rinse and repeat.

Spoon: Retrieve at a medium steady pace.

Jig: The retrieval varies. Plenty of YouTube vids on that. Or plenty of people on here that have better info. I don’t really have the best luck with them. Others on here use them like crazy.

Pooping Cork: can really make for a fun trip. I love them. Tie one end to your main line. Then a 18-24” flouro or mono leader to the other. Tie a live bait hook with a shrimp on it to that. Cast it out, pop it, reel a bit and Wait like two seconds. Then rinse and repeat. Sometime I’ll just drift them over grass/structure and let the wind do the work. You can also use a jig in place of live bait. If doing that, keep it moving.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where there is grass there is bait. Where there is bait there is predator fish. Find grass and work it.

Jerk bait: Reel two cranks, pop it once or twice then pause for a second. Rinse and repeat.

Jig: The retrieval varies. Plenty of YouTube vids on that. Or plenty of people on here that have better info. I don’t really have the best luck with them. Others on here use them like crazy.

Pooping Cork: can really make for a fun trip. I love them. Tie one end to your main line. Then a 18-24” flouro or mono leader to the other. Tie a live bait hook with a shrimp on it to that. Cast it out, pop it, reel a bit and Wait like two seconds. Then rinse and repeat. Sometime I’ll just drift them over grass/structure and let the wind do the work. You can also use a jig in place of live bait. If doing that, keep it moving.

Thanks man. I really appreciate it

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is there a certain time of day I should fish these areas

·
Registered
210 Posts
First lite,last lite for topwaters.
About an hour of each is best.
After that switch to midwater colume or bottom.
Don’t forget the flounder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts