Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Atlanta and am coming down to Pensacola next week for a few days. Have any of you done any wade fishing for trout and redfish? Have you had any luck? Is it too early? Is the water still too cold to wade fish?
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Its just starting to get warm enough for us, but we haven't tried it yet this year. The pier lights around Innerarity Point and along Gulf Beach hwy are good spots. GBH is a little deeper though for wading. The redfish are out in force and specks are starting to come in.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Should do fine. The warmer it gets, the better tho. Both trout and red bites have been pretty good so far compared to avg (IMO). Grand Lagoon or Johnson's Beach are good places to try out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
  • Went to Floridatown (upper Escambia Bay) a couple of days ago to throw net for mullet. Water was cool but comfortable. Pinfish and Menhadden starting to show up so as soon as this north wind lets up fishing should improve.
Greg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey 8lb ... send me a pm and I'll give you a few spots for a fellow Georgian... lived there for 10 years...bite is picking up everyday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts