Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fish the water along the beach by the bob sikes bridge (gulf breeze side) for specks and reds ( caught a 22 lb cobia in 4 foot of water there on a 6 ft conolon penn430 10 lb braid with a TINY pinfish 22 minutes (we timed it) between the private dockswe do alright there during the warmer months using pinfish and finger mullet. can anyone or i guess i should say will anyone be willing to broaden my horizons new locations new techniques etc etc. really would like to get into some bulls from shore but dont know where or even if i can get to them this time of year from shore. since i dont have any experience with artificials i am leary of them and prefer live bait.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">If you can get on the Navy base I would recommend Trout Point just past <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sherman</st1:place></st1:City>?s Cove heading out the back gate. Walk down to the water and go to the right and wade those grass flats.

·
Registered
14,260 Posts
MGuns (1/14/2010)<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>If you can get on the Navy base I would recommend Trout Point just past <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sherman</st1:place></st1:City>?s Cove heading out the back gate. Walk down to the water and go to the right and wade those grass flats.
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>I fished trout point for a long time. I lived next to Rusty's Fish camp, 1995 -96. I would wade out there, and later paddled my canoe out there. Fished right next to the Red Channel Marker, and load up. <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Heck, one time I caught severl King Mackeral sitting there in my canoe. Tony Kaiser stopped by on his way back in from off shore trolling. They had a zero day ~~ saw me sitting in my canoe ~~ stopped to say hey, and looked into my ice chest and could not believe the day I had. I paddled 100 yardsspending no money, while they worked the edge hard that day, burnt allot of gas, and came home with only a buzz.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>I love to pass trout point a remember the memories I have there.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
BananaTom (1/14/2010)
MGuns (1/14/2010)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">If you can get on the Navy base I would recommend Trout Point just past <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sherman</st1:place></st1:City>?s Cove heading out the back gate. Walk down to the water and go to the right and wade those grass flats.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I fished trout point for a long time. I lived next to Rusty's Fish camp, 1995 -96. I would wade out there, and later paddled my canoe out there. Fished right next to the Red Channel Marker, and load up. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Heck, one time I caught severl King Mackeral sitting there in my canoe. Tony Kaiser stopped by on his way back in from off shore trolling. They had a zero day ~~ saw me sitting in my canoe ~~ stopped to say hey, and looked into my ice chest and could not believe the day I had. I paddled 100 yardsspending no money, while they worked the edge hard that day, burnt allot of gas, and came home with only a buzz.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I love to pass trout point a remember the memories I have there.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I first staring fishing there in 96. You use to catch a lot more fish there back then, now it?s kind of hit or miss; one day you?ll tear em up and the next day get skunked. I?ve caught just about everything you can think of there: spanish, grouper, specks, reds, blues, ladfyfish, shark, croakers etc. I still wade there from time to time but mostly drift the flats in my bass boat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike, stop giving away our good spots:) Next thing you know, you will be telling everyone which of your favorite silver spoons to use.......

Jeff

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
J_Clark (1/14/2010)Mike, stop giving away our good spots:) Next thing you know, you will be telling everyone which of your favorite silver spoons to use.......

Jeff

Jeff,

Good to hear from you. OK no more secrets like the 1oz silver spoon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts