Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fusion stereo on the boat. The volume knob has problems of getting louder when I am trying to decrease it. Anyone have experience on a fix to this or is it internal to the control head?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Buy some Deoxit D5 and spray it into the switch. It's best if you can find an opening and spray into the contacts themselves. If not, try removing the dial knob and spraying down the shaft. Once it's in there, rotate the switch to work the solvent around. Then let it sit and dry. Repeat as necessary. The objective is to saturate the contacts and let the solvent do its thing.

I'm not in Florida but the only place local to me that carries it is a music store. Here it is on Amazon. Don't cheap out and buy a lesser product.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=electrical+contact+cleaner&qid=1567016347&s=gateway&sr=8-11

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just reading the thread title, I thought to myself, "I bet when I click this I will read about someone with a Fusion stereo."

I was right! They do that.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Wiper on a shitty potentiometer. Deoxit or most contact cleaners should work. Spray and work the control through it's limits.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy some Deoxit D5 and spray it into the switch. It's best if you can find an opening and spray into the contacts themselves. If not, try removing the dial knob and spraying down the shaft. Once it's in there, rotate the switch to work the solvent around. Then let it sit and dry. Repeat as necessary. The objective is to saturate the contacts and let the solvent do its thing.

I'm not in Florida but the only place local to me that carries it is a music store. Here it is on Amazon. Don't cheap out and buy a lesser product.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=electrical+contact+cleaner&qid=1567016347&s=gateway&sr=8-11

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Finally got to it. Working great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts