Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Panama City Beach next Thursday thru Saturday. I have never kayak fished this area. Any suggested places to launch. What are your water temps running and have your palagics moved on? If so how is the bay fishing?

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
I would call a few local bait shops in Panama City and get some first hand knowledge on how bad the red tide is in the area.

I agree with SWAngler this could be a huge waste of time for you.

·
Registered
960 Posts
As you are coming into the beach turn left on Hwy 79 and go north a couple blocks. Look for Sunjammers. They sell kayaks etc. I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

If you are on Facebook you can also look for Panama City Kayak Fishing group.

Enjoy your time here and please spend your money with local businesses (not the chain restaurants, hotels, etc)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Burntmill creek would be a good place. Go over the west bay bridge and turn right. Go across the second creek and turn right. There is a very good county boat ramp. Put in there and go left fish under the power lines. If wind is not to bad stay to the left side and go to the shrimp farm. You'll know it when you see it. We have had pretty good luck there lately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts