Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be staying in Perdido Key area for a couple weeks in mid Feb and bringing my yak. Have fished the TX coastal flats a lot for reds & specs. Not looking for anyone to share their best spots but would appreciate any general direction on places to put in and areas to fish...esp if colder weather. Would be happy to share the same info in TX if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If you're staying inshore, I would be fishing 3 mile bridge pilings for sheepshead and reds. Fiddler crabs if you can find them or shrimp would be my choice for bait. Sheepshead should be really thick in mid-feb.

Edit: that's a bit of a hike from perdido. I don't know the bridges there, but you should find something similar. In Pensacola, it's 3 mile or bob sikes for the sheepies.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Here is a link to a Google map we made of local boat and kayak launch sites.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?...-87.787173&spn=0.706742,1.234589&source=embed
Also, run up to Sams Stop n Shop on canal rd (also on the map) and see Chris- he'll be able to fill you in in what might be biting and where to catch them and on what bait.
Yea- bring something to keep you warm and dry. Personally, I don't usually put the boat in the water in Jan or Feb unless we are experiencing mild conditions.
Anyway, hope the info is helpful, and good luck!

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you're staying inshore, I would be fishing 3 mile bridge pilings for sheepshead and reds. Fiddler crabs if you can find them or shrimp would be my choice for bait. Sheepshead should be really thick in mid-feb.

Edit: that's a bit of a hike from perdido. I don't know the bridges there, but you should find something similar. In Pensacola, it's 3 mile or bob sikes for the sheepies.
The Lillian Bridge can be really good for the same as above and is a little closer. I couldn't get the link badonsky posted to work (filter on network), but I'm sure the launch near the west end of the Lillian Bridge is on there.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
The Lillian Bridge can be really good for the same as above and is a little closer. I couldn't get the link badonsky posted to work (filter on network), but I'm sure the launch near the west end of the Lillian Bridge is on there.
Yea, sorry about that- I checked it. I had a bad link. Corrected it, now it should work! You can also go to our BB website (link below) The map is also there, and a link to the full page Google map.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts