Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running AVG, and getting a warning at the top of the page that says AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page. I have been using the same virus program and using this site for years, but never received this warning. Anyone else getting it?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
capt.eugene (10/14/2009)I have a Mac No problems I highly Recommend One.

No one writes viruses for macs...lol. The objective of a virus is to target as many people as possible. Macs are about 3% of the world computer market. I have to fix Mac problems all the time. I wouldn't use one to hold down a stack of papers.

·
Registered
683 Posts
WW2 (10/14/2009)
capt.eugene (10/14/2009)I have a Mac No problems I highly Recommend One.
No one writes viruses for macs...lol. The objective of a virus is to target as many people as possible. Macs are about 3% of the world computer market. I have to fix Mac problems all the time. I wouldn't use one to hold down a stack of papers.
I was wondering about that. I don't know anyone that has a Mac to know if they have issues.

·
Registered
490 Posts
WW2

What kind of fix do you refer to I have had my mac two years never had an error report or any type of problem while I have seen friends and family with a PC crash on a regular basis.

Please elaborate

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts
Fighter Pilot, yes I get the same thing from AVG from time to time. I bet it is from an ad too.

·
Asian boy
230 Posts
i've worked on computers all my life. Anti virus are garbage. they slow down your computer big time and take up to much memory. Run a tuneup utilities and a lavasoft ad-aware program.

+1 on the mac too. i will be getting a mac air soon.

·
Asian boy
230 Posts
virus warnings are usually fake and generated so you'll click them so it'll send a link to purchase their program. thats how they make money

·
Registered
838 Posts
I got AVG which was installed by my tech support provider and the firm that services my server/work stations. I am also getting the virus notification. The tech firm I use says Norton and McAfee or whatever it is are CRAP.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
now this has called my attention. I am a Mac user and recently (after 6 years of no issues) safari has quit on me a few times> I've...done some research to learn what could be the problem, but without resluts. Like you say all I read is people saying macs don't get viruses etc... I know I have an old OX and that it needs an upgrade maybe?.... some tips from mac users will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
AVG is fine, this is not a "Click Here To Fix" warning it is fromAVG Virus Shield. It is probably harmless ad...but I dont have to worry about because AVG blocked it for me,not like I would click the ad at the top anyways.<DIV class=avgtop>
</DIV><DIV class=avgsep></DIV><DIV class=avgtitle>
Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection. </DIV><DIV class=avgtitle></DIV><DIV class=avgtitle></DIV><DIV class=avgtitle></DIV>

·
Registered
31 Posts
With the latest update from AVG they have started to block certin type's of tracking cookies. That perticular banner has a tracking cookie that is harmless to your computer, get the same type's of cookies from MSN. The server it is hosted on probably has an expired Security Certificate that they have not updated or replaced.

This is nothing to be of concern........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts