Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Big Dummy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vibe?

Randomly browsing the internet this afternoon and and I came across Vibe Kayaks. Why have I never heard of them? Looking over the site, it seems like a much easier entry point for me @ 1500 instead of 2-3k for a Native/Hobie/Jackson. Do any of you have any insight to these? I guess, since I'm new to kayaking, they may be more known than I think. And I'm willing to accept that. :thumbsup:

·
Big Dummy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Blake,
Rivers and inshore. Not really keen at this point on getting offshore. I just want to be able to get out in the bay/ICW and tool around Perdido/Escambia Rivers.

Also...I am ginormous. Need something that holds a lot of weight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Lure 10 and 11.5 look like some really wide and stable kayaks with real seats (no swamp ass). The lighter you keep your kayak the less of a chore it becomes and you might not even need wheels to haul it from your vehicle to the water. You are on the right course...find a dealer and test drive a few, try to stand, lean side to side...heck carry it to the water.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't think my 5 foot 10, 300 pound frame would do well in one that small. lol
Sounds tippy :D

What's your budget on the yak?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is just suggest testing a few out before you buy also just to see how they feel when your sitting in them in the water... Your local shop should have some demos you can try if you see one you think you'd like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just came across the post talking about the Lure 11.5 I have a Lure 11.5 and I am 5'11" 250# . Very comfortable in this kayak. They are super stable. When I saw one I had to have it. I liked them so much I just signed up two weeks ago to sell these for Feel Free. I sold a guy the Lure 13.5 and he loves it too. Nothing wrong with the larger kayak but don't be afraid of the 11.5 These things are super stable at 36" wide !! The gravity seat is so comfortable. I just sold my 2015 Outback today and kept the 11.5 Lure that's how pleased I am with these. If you want to try it out sometime let me know. I have a demo model that you paddle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a Vibe Sea Ghost (13.5 ft) last year. I like it a lot. Stable, tracks good, comes with rudder kit installed and good paddle. 550 lb weight capacity. $800. Broxtons in Navarre has them and are very helpful. Upgraded to thicker hardback seat around$50. Used in Gulf Breeze sound and the beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice !! They seem like good kayaks from all the reviews I've read. I've just never tried one for myself. I like to try out different boats when I get the chance because I'm afraid I may be missing. LOL Looks good and thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The New 2016 Vibe Sea Ghost at Bronxons is awesome and under 1k. Comes with everything you need to start out and its a sit on top.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts