Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to go out with my buddies on Friday the 9th. Left out of OB around 10:00 A.M..I know how lame is that! We tried to bottom fish some near shore number early with NO luck due to the wind, later in the afternoon we wind laid down some and we did catch some fish..everyonewas aERS...it hurts to turn 5-10lbs back anytime but when you only get to go 2-3 times a year it REALLY hurts..but the rules is the rules..we hit a rig 30 miles from the OB pass and lost a couple of fish in the rig..by now it was pushing 4 pm so we headed back..noticed the water temp was 71 deg up a couple of degrees from on the way out so we put out a Hoo lure for grins..5 mins later we decided to put out another..I had no more than put the reel in grear and BAM off it goes...throw thelever to strike and Wahoo 6 ft in the air and at least 4 ft long...fish hits the water makes a strong run right at the boat and managed tocut the line right in front of the leader..like I said fishing not catching..we where all pretty bummed till I noticed that I got to spend the day with my 3 best friendsfishing and BS'ing all in all I've had a lot of worse days.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts