Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLY CRAP !!!!!!! Talk about something that will knock you on your ass.
I was hit with Vertigo 2 weeks ago. First time, I was at home. Started feeling dizzy so I sat down in my recliner. Then started to sweat, I was wet with sweat in 10 minutes. Then the real spinning started. Within a few minutes I was spewing chunks, couldn`t walk and everytime I opened my eyes I felt like just did the bat trick where you place your head on the bat tip and spin and then try and walk. Multiply that by 10. Wife wound up calling 911.

Week later it hit me again. Same thing, this time I was at Ace Hardware. I made it to my truck, made a call and waited for help.

I`ve never experienced vertigo before and I damn sure don`t want to experience it again. But it seems like it will hit ya whenever it wants.

Anybody else experience vertigo?

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,863 Posts
Hate it for you, that’s some bad stuff. I haven’t had an episode in a couple years, mine was caused by a recurring inner ear infection that seemed to get every winter for years. Most of the time it was mild, but a couple times, it was pretty bad and happened at a bad time...

The worst experience I had with it was when I was working a shutdown, it had been bothering me for a few days but I was still able to work, then one night I was on top of a column maybe 250’ up and it hit me hard, I remember my vision was as if my eyes were crossed and it wasn’t long and I was puking, all I could do was lay down and wait for it to subside so I could finally climb down..... bad chit

Feel for ya, hope you get over it.

·
Registered
13,643 Posts
It hit my wife hard, I used an office chair with wheels to get her off the floor and out the house and in the back of the 4 Runner, laying down.

Got her to the hospital and they were awesome.
After a few hours there, it was over.
She hasn't had it since, thank you Jesus.

To pass the time and make her laugh while at the ER, I played this song, and danced for her:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Dang, I had NO idea it could get that bad! Guess I've been lucky in comparison. I never was bad enough to seek treatment. What do they do/prescribe when gets so bad?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Had a similar event on a deep dive, couldn't equalize on my accent because of some blockage from sinus issues, so finally had to grit my teeth and bare it (a lot of pain) when coming up. When I made it to the top everything was spinning and had to have help getting in the boat and laid on the floor of the boat back in, thinking maybe I got bent. Made it to the hospital and they gave me stuff for nausea which helped a little and found out I had two busted ear drums. Long story short, stayed that way for 2 weeks (dizziness and nausea)before healing up. Needless to say couldn't dive for months and was real leary that first dive afterwards. If it hadn't healed on it's own, would have had to have surgery on both ear drums. All is good now...........

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I get it when my sinuses act up. Scared me years ago the first time it happened.

It's a rush.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife used the epsey maneuver administered by physical therapist to get rid of it Forever. Not sure what meds the hospital gave her
I`ve done my own research for home therapy and that is the most effective exercise. You can do the same exercise the therapist will do. And you can save your wallet a hurt`n as well.
I`ve been doing a few excercises and so far it`s working.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My dad experienced something like that and finally went to a physical therapist, they hung him upside down and did what he called "put his marbles back in the right slots" and it took about three treatments and it fixed him.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I've had a couple of episodes - one was kinda like Delta Dooler's, but I was on top of an elevator. Got dizzy and fell against the front wall of the hoistway. If I had fallen toward the back wall, I would have made a mess in the pit.

My doctor told me to take Dramamine if I was out somewhere and had to drive home.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I dealt with this a year and half ago, started out as just a few dizzy spells where i had to brace myself and then one day while working at my computer the room started to spin so bad i fell out of the chair, could not stand, vomiting ensued and i could not breath - ended up in the ER, without question the worst feeling I've ever experienced. Finally diagnosed as Meniere's but who knows if that is right, left the mortgage business and never had another problem.

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
I got the bacterial form about 20 yrs ago. I remember it was right at sunup and I was getting outta the bed to get ready for work. Tried to get to the bathroom 3 times and things were spinning so bad. 4th try I told my wife I wasn’t coming back. Got to the bathroom and puked in the shower. She took me to the ER because I was certain something had busted in my brain!! Never had it again PTL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts