Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">I suspect everyone is thawed out now that the bone chilling temps of the past week are behind us. On Monday I had Gregg Cooke and company for the second time in the past month. The plan was for wahoo. We departed <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Venice</st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> marina per Greg?s request at <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="0"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">9:00 am</st1:time><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"> due to the 24 degree temps that morning. My boat was covered with ice from bow to stern which made for some fancy foot work. With everyone bundled up to the point of very little limb movement we headed downriver and made our way south into the gulf. It was sometime before we broke out of 44 degree surface temps but soon found a nice temp change that topped 60 degrees. The water color was a nice blue green and life seemed to be everywhere with a few nice busting yellowfin enjoying their morning breakfast, ?ala? pogie schools. We hadn?t made the first pass when all three rods bent hard and the Shimano?s were screaming. After much pandemonium and a few choice words we landed two out of the three wahoo. These were solid fish in the 50lb range and one of them had completely swallowed the poor little X-RAP. From that point we chased some open water yellowfin to no avail and farmed another decent wahoo strike on the pull baits. Late in the fourth quarter we came full circle back to our original starting point and doubled up right out of gate. We stuck the gaffs in two solid fish again, with one touching 60lbs. We had just a few minutes left on the time clock and were able to pick up another solid hoo in the 50lb class. With no time to spare, I showered down on the throttles and we pulled into the marina right at <st1:time Hour="18" Minute="0"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">6:00</st1:time><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">. Total take was five solid hoo?s, pulling the hooks on two. The wahoo fishing from here on out until March will get better and the fish will get bigger. Add in some stud yellows and that?s <st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Venice</st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">. Give me a call to book your next charter in <st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Venice</st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">. I didn?t take many pictures but I was able to get some footage. Enjoy the video.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPQWveplL5g<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt"><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Pelagic Charters<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Captain William Wall<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">www.pelagicchartersllc.com<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">1.225.454.5365<o:p></o:p>

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts