Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
It has been slow but from what I have been hearing, getting better. If you don't go before Thanksgiving, I would wait until late February.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
When is the best time to go tuna fishing over in Venice?
just an opinion but i think you can catch just as much fish at the beer can, petronius, etc. and they are closer, too. big fish in venice, yes, but.... you can still load the box at the rigs. i think the closer to home, the better. a lot cheaper, too.:thumbup:

jack

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,153 Posts
just an opinion but i think you can catch just as much fish at the beer can, petronius, etc. and they are closer, too. big fish in venice, yes, but.... you can still load the box at the rigs. i think the closer to home, the better. a lot cheaper, too.:thumbup:

jack
What port, and how far is the run to these rigs?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I am ready to roll for a good fall/winter tuna rig run. The seas and my available days just have not matched up. Boat and gear ready to go. I just try to find the rig in the best water and camp out on it- so far so good! I’ll post next time I am headed out and hopefully good intel when I get back- won’t be this weekend (seas horrible) week after we will be doing my other most favorite thing- camping...so hopefully two weeks from now I will be seeing the glow of a rig coming into sight. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts