Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Venice</st1:place></st1:City> Offshore??.zzzzzzzzzz?zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..zzz

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Well it seems as the world is now aware of our little part of the world with a big problem. This report will not focus on that, only the fishing. Over the past week or so the only thing that has really kept us off the water was the weather. After several cancellations this past week I was able to put together two trips. On Tuesday 5/4 I had Gary Voiron along with his usual gang. I had told <st1:City><st1:place>Gary</st1:place></st1:City> before we left the dock that I was definitely mad at the fish and really wanted to ?sling some meat? on the docks in an effort to show the media that our fishery isn?t dead. Also I had set up a camera guy from CBS to come along to further my cause. ?No looking for petroleum on this trip buddy.? I told Scott. ?Only tuna!? With that being said, we rolled out downriver (south pass to be exact) and barely touched the outside areas I now call district 9. We rolled south 60 miles and I prepped the guys on making bait. We stopped somewhere around 200 baits that consisted of tinker mackerel, big eye scads and goggle-eyes. I wanted to satisfy my curiosity and decided to put out two baits before I rolled to my destination. The first bait lasted about twenty seconds and <st1:City><st1:place>Gary</st1:place></st1:City> was soon fighting his first yellowfin, which turned out to be a 60lb fish. I stayed for another 30 minutes and the small fish ate my pretty little baits alive. We made another move south which proved to be a waste of gas. I pondered and made a decision to run 20 miles to the south-east. The water was purple blue and slick calm as I pulled the reigns back. Immediately I noticed fish busting hard off the up current side. Long story short we would end up going 16 for 21 on yellows in no time. Live bait, Frenzy poppers, it didn?t matter. By the time we got out little camera guy back to the dock, his shirt was covered in blood, his sunglasses were broke, he had reeled in three yellowfin and he had a slight beer buzz! The video was used on the evening news and was projected in a very positive manor. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes">Needless to say the cameras were rolling when we hit the dock as we chunked tuna off the boat. The media had assumed everything was dead or dying. Imagine that. On Thursday I was invited to fish with Team Blue runner. Crew consisted of Capt. Eric, Capt. Mike G, Beetle juice and the crew of Louisiana Sportsman TV. I repeated the same track as two days prier. Made bait and rolled 20 miles south east. John didn?t have the camera ready when I had hooked the first yellow. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes">This would go on for another three hours. We stopped at <st1:time Hour="11" Minute="30">11:30</st1:time> with twelve yellows in the boat and fish busting hard all around. We switched gears and put a four bait spread and on the second pass Mr. Blue crushes the starboard rigger. This was short lived due to the tight drag on the reel. Capt. Eric will take all the blame on that one. We did get 15 jumps or so out of him as he attempted to throw Eric?s pretty little bait out of his face. We also had a nice little white clobber a live bait intended for a yellowfin. He threw the hook. Oh well, stick fish rock anyway. Please don?t cancel your trips to <st1:City><st1:place>Venice</st1:place></st1:City> due to the media. Call your guide and get an on the water report. Primo days are open now in my books. Give me a call and experience first hand the offshore fishing in <st1:City><st1:place>Venice</st1:place></st1:City>. God Bless.

<o:p></o:p>

Captain William Wall

Pelagic Charters

<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Damn it! Now I might have to go to Venice Thursday!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts